RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygard - Mora IK J20, J20 Nationell (2024, 15th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He hits a lot harder and shoots a lot harder.

Silfverberg's release was quicker, which isn't a slight on MBN, as his release on his wrist/snap shot was arguably the fastest in the league.

If MBN develops into a Silfverberg-type top 6 two-way winger capable of getting around 50P and some Selke votes the Wings should be very pleased with the selection.

By no means is that a guaranteed outcome or one that should be considered disappointing.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Do you think he can play on a top line, as a complement to a Hughes-Bratt type duo?

I was thinking he could do it, he'd obviously bring in a lot in terms of winning pucks back and being able to finish. That's largely why I had him around #7. But I didn't see him that high anywhere else. Your hockeyprospect colleagues put MBN at #16, where most folks had him. It seems most people have him locked in as a third line type of guy.
It's always difficult to project "third wheel" guys. I'm a big believer in forward duos - as entire lines are really difficult to put together and keep together. I don't think MBN is a "duo" guy, but could he slide in as a third wheel with a very talented duo? I do. The key for this isn't always about the player himself, it's about the complementary skills.

So, if a duo doesn't have a mid-range shooter, a puck retriever, an element of sandpaper, etc. - MBN could very well be your guy there. Does that make him a true top line player? I'm not so sure about that. But if he's a guy that we find out doesn't see a lot of plays die with him, then maybe he slides up the depth chart.

He's not untalented. There is a projecable skill set here. I think he'll relatively, ugh, safely become a plus player in a bottom six. He can fail down and hang on. But if his technicals continue to progress, we've seen some guys - categorically - make it work like this...Alexandre Burrows, Mike Knuble, you name it...I think it's a really good question to ask with this type of player.

Reactions: majormajor

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
It's always difficult to project "third wheel" guys. I'm a big believer in forward duos - as entire lines are really difficult to put together and keep together. I don't think MBN is a "duo" guy, but could he slide in as a third wheel with a very talented duo? I do. The key for this isn't always about the player himself, it's about the complementary skills.

So, if a duo doesn't have a mid-range shooter, a puck retriever, an element of sandpaper, etc. - MBN could very well be your guy there. Does that make him a true top line player? I'm not so sure about that. But if he's a guy that we find out doesn't see a lot of plays die with him, then maybe he slides up the depth chart.

He's not untalented. There is a projecable skill set here. I think he'll relatively, ugh, safely become a plus player in a bottom six. He can fail down and hang on. But if his technicals continue to progress, we've seen some guys - categorically - make it work like this...Alexandre Burrows, Mike Knuble, you name it...I think it's a really good question to ask with this type of player.
So like Zach Hyman?

Reactions: HockeyScotty

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Conceptually, yes. Stylistically, I'm not so sure. Not that they're necessarily worlds apart. But I try to be pretty particular about stylistic comparisons. I think MBN has better wheels and better mid range shooting and a larger puck control window, among other things vs Hyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad