RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Marchenko and Morozov were prohibited to get out of Russia and come to NA?
I said "to some degree". And sending you to the VHL and refusing to trade when you probably hoped to be on the Olympic team, which is what happened to Morozov, is definitely tanking you career pretty damn hard.

Marchenko was left playing 13 minutes per game despite being unquestionably one of the best players of the team, his TOI actually decreased from his earlier seasons.

If you have a sensible explanation why was it happening, I'm all years. Same applies to Pylenkov this year, by the way.

Reactions: majormajor

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
when your Grandpa is Vladislav Tretiak, you should know how to do everything as a goaltender: passing included.

I mean Berdin actually who played in the last 2 games. He's pretty good with the puck for a goalie but still shouldn't be better than defensemen. He's though.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Saying Michkov would be challenging Bedard for the #1 pick is about the funniest thing I have read in 2023.....

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Saying Michkov would be challenging Bedard for the #1 pick is about the funniest thing I have read in 2023.....
Nah, he could. it''s laughable to rank Sale, Fantili and Carlson ahead oh him. Fantili, Carlson were hyped like crazy before the WJC but were underwhelming in it to say it mildly. Now everyone acts like it doesn't matter and is par for the course. Lol.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Nah, it''s laughable to rank Sale, Fantili and Carlson ahead oh him. Fantili, Carlson were hyped like crazy before the WJC but were underwhelming in it to say it mildly. Now everyone acts like it doesn't matter and is par for the course. Lol.

Carlsson was very solid and I can see why some people love him. It's extremely unusual for a draft-eligible prospect to completely dominate the U20 World Juniors and he didn't do that, but he was very good - especially in important matches.

Michkov would have dominated. He plays at an elite (even above elite) level at every opportunity. There's no tournament where he hasn't dominated, which is simply not true for any prospect in this draft, except Bedard. In the COVID-shortened WJC last year he was extremely good and outplayed Bedard in the exo showing between Canada and Russia.

Now he's producing at historic rates in both the VHL and the KHL, which is being overlooked by Western media types for reasons I can only attribute to anti-Russia bias. For example, Ryan Kennedy wrote a complete hatchet job on Michkov just recently in the Hockey News, which is so bad it's not even worth linking here. There are no real consequences for bad journalism these days, especially when it hits a certain politically correct sweet spot.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Carlsson was very solid and I can see why some people love him. It's extremely unusual for a draft-eligible prospect to completely dominate the U20 World Juniors and he didn't do that, but he was very good - especially in important matches.
Sure, but for a guy that is supposed to be better than Michkov, that was a very underwhelming showing.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If McDavid is a 100/100 level prospect, I have Bedard and Michkov as 99s. Carlsson and Fantilli as 96s.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nope, if you are ranked ahead of Michkov, that was a crappy perfomance. That's the point.

The point is they are ranking them ahead because they are not watching Michkov play, nor did they much before the whole Russia ban thing. I think it's pretty obvious.
Bedard being the absolute best Canadian player and demolishing all stats is giving a very wrong impression on what top prospects do.

Even if Michkov played the expectations should not be for him to have 20 points or something, how many times has that happened? Even more so as a 17 yo?

Reactions: Sasha Orlov and ViD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad