RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't personally see anything elite in Fantilli and Karlsson but it's gonna be a problem of teams that pick them and those teams' fans...

They are considered as elite prospects.

Our jobs and millions aren’t on the line so it’s easy to say he should be 2nd overall.

That wait is extremely challenging for a rebuilding team

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
You mean the game where Bedard scored 2 points (one of them was empty net assist) and Michkov 3?
Yes, Bedard was significantly more noticeable ànd had the overall better game of the two in that good medal match-up.

This is why scouts watch games instead of blindly looking at boxscores, you should try it some time.

Nearly 2 years later, Bedard has improved leaps and bound, to boot. 8 months of development can be rather significant when discussing 15/16 year olds.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
How far could he drop due to the Russian factor and potential long wait?

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
The Russian homerism has become extremely strong in this thread... Michkov is a talented kid but what has he done this year to be considered on Bedards level? And please don't just say "he plays against men". So did Kaapo Kakko and look how people comparing him to Hughes look now

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Bedard was significantly more impressive the last time the two faced off.

He's a tier above Michkov at this point, at least.
The last game the two faced off was the last game team Canadas U20 cared about:

Michkov was, of course, the best player on the ice.

As for the U18 final, Bedard had a strong 1st period, but was afterwards invisible until his EN goal

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
The Russian homerism has become extremely strong in this thread... Michkov is a talented kid but what has he done this year to be considered on Bedards level? And please don't just say "he plays against men". So did Kaapo Kakko and look how people comparing him to Hughes look now

He's been hurt a lot. It's mainly what he did before this year, which was break every Russian record you can think of. And despite his injuries / lack of ice time this year he's still had a great season. 10 goals in 12 games in the VHL is crazy.

Reactions: Realgud

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Canada won,thats true but Bedard did Not best Michkov. If i am Not mistaken, Michkov won the scoring Titel, Scored the Most Goals and was elected MVP of the tournement. So i dont agree that Bedard at that tournement bested Michkov.
That‘s not what I said.
Canada won gold - Russia silver.
Bedard and Canada bested Michkov and Russia.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
He's been hurt a lot. It's mainly what he did before this year, which was break every Russian record you can think of. And despite his injuries / lack of ice time this year he's still had a great season. 10 goals in 12 games in the VHL is crazy.
He's #2 in my rankings.. I'm not disputing the talent but he's clearly a tier below Bedard, who would absolutely destroy the VHL. I feel like people are just attempting to be contrarian at this point when Bedard's season has easily put him in a league of his own.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Well, at least he didn't go bust at the wjc like hyped to the heavens Fantili. That should count for something, lol.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
The last game the two faced off was the last game team Canadas U20 cared about:

Michkov was, of course, the best player on the ice.

As for the U18 final, Bedard had a strong 1st period, but was afterwards invisible until his EN goal

The last game team Canada cared about in the U20's was a game against Russia, that wasn't even an official tournament game, but in fact, a literal pre-tournament game? Pretty absurd thing to say.

Michkov? He's a very opportune high IQ player with phenomenal finishing ability, but I've rarely watched him play and came across thinking that he was the best player in the ice throughout the game. He doesn't take over games the way Bedard does, and it's easy to see when watching both players play who has the higher upside and superior tools.

I thought Bedard was great in the U18 gold medal game, buzzing all around the ice as a mere 15 year old.

I'm not going to comment on the pre-tournament exhibition game, I didn't watch it, I don't plan to, I don't put much stock into it. I put far more stock into the actual tournament games.

He's on a completely and totally different level from that now, and I do anticipate the gap to continue to widen.

Michkov is a great player, but if you think he's neck and neck with Bedard at this point, you haven't been paying attention.

FWIW I have Michkov #2, I think there's another gap between him and Fantilli.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Puckhound

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He's #2 in my rankings.. I'm not disputing the talent but he's clearly a tier below Bedard, who would absolutely destroy the VHL. I feel like people are just attempting to be contrarian at this point when Bedard's season has easily put him in a league of his own.

What Michkov is doing in the VHL has not been done before, and that has been while being injured or ill for most of the season. Just like Bedard in the WHL both are doing things that have not been seen.

It's fine to think Bedard is better, but that's it, just an opinion.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
They are considered as elite prospects.

Our jobs and millions aren’t on the line so it’s easy to say he should be 2nd overall.

That wait is extremely challenging for a rebuilding team
I think it depends on the team. That wait isn't as big of a deal to teams that are just starting their rebuild. Teams like San Jose and Chicago are going to suck anyway the next few years, and since their system is really thin at the moment too, they wouldn't mind taking those years to build a young core and then have Michkov come into that group as 21yr old. Seems fine.

On other hand teams like Arizona, Anaheim and Columbus probably would like to start seeing some results sooner. For them, the wait would be tougher.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think it depends on the team. That wait isn't as big of a deal to teams that are just starting their rebuild. Teams like San Jose and Chicago are going to suck anyway the next few years, and since their system is really thin at the moment too, they wouldn't mind taking those years to build a young core and then have Michkov come into that group as 21yr old. Seems fine.

On other hand teams like Arizona, Anaheim and Columbus probably would like to start seeing some results sooner. For them, the wait would be tougher.

If you read my posts I’m talking about Gm’s who’s seat is on fire and their job isn’t secured.

If a Gm like that picks him the next Gm is most likely going to feel the benefits of that pick.

& as everyone knows you build from the middle and to pass elite C’s to prefer a winger you won’t see for years is a tough ask.
You don’t know when you are quaranteed your next shot at 1C and without one you aren’t winning in this league

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
If you read my posts I’m talking about Gm’s who’s seat is on fire and their job isn’t secured.
Yeah, and I don't think that's going to be an issue in San Jose or Chicago. They are expecting to suck and rebuild.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

If a Gm like that picks him the next Gm is most likely going to feel the benefits of that pick.

& as everyone knows you build from the middle and to pass elite C’s to prefer a winger you won’t see for years is a tough ask.
You don’t know when you are quaranteed your next shot at 1C and without one you aren’t winning in this league

Washington was the beneficiary of uncertainty around Kuznetsov.

I don't think this kid drops so far but is he gonna go #2 being committed to the KHL?

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019
While Bedard is putting unreal numbers against the most talented players in the world, Michkov get stucked in the farmers league and has poor numbers.

THE DIFFERENCE.
They say that McDavid and Crosby are the most talented players. No. The most talented players in the world are junior players from Austria.

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

This forum is about 0.1% Russians and you're triggered by a few people having an opinion different to what you're constantly exposed to. Get over it.

While Bedard is putting unreal numbers against the most talented players in the world, Michkov get stucked in the farmers league and has poor numbers.

THE DIFFERENCE.

Bedard scores 30 points against Micronesia. Alert the hall of fame! Michkov would be completely lost in his place.

Reactions: BMann

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
This forum is about 0.1% Russians and you're triggered by a few people having an opinion different to what you're constantly exposed to. Get over it.

Bedard scores 30 points against Micronesia. Alert the hall of fame! Michkov would be completely lost in his place.
Are you talking about Russia?

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019

Because you all have no objectivity at all.. anyone who disagrees with you is just a part of some western conspiracy in your eyes and it's kind of pathetic. You seem upset buddy, take your own advice

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019
Prime example of cherry-picking. Bedard has played against Nemec, Jiricek or Hughes. All of these defencemen are top5 picks...
Bedard was putting unreal numbers in game vs Austria. Canada vs Slovakia ended in OT, and Canada lost to Czechia with one goal by Bedard.
What unreal numbers against Jiricek, Nemec you are talking about? Your the most talented players in the world are players from Austria and Germany. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad