RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 5

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I find that hard to believe. Do you have a source? He’s listed at 172 on NHL and 176 on EP. Nonetheless, he looks small out there.
He's short and around 180, but you aren't allowed to question the cult of Michkov. These guys are imagining that he magically grew two inches, even when presented with photo evidence that he is Daniel Brière's height. The same people are now making him out to be some muscle bro. It's all part of a weird narrative.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
He's short and around 180, but you aren't allowed to question the cult of Michkov. These guys are imagining that he magically grew two inches, even when presented with photo evidence that he is Daniel Brière's height. The same people are now making him out to be some muscle bro. It's all part of a weird narrative.

The "weird narrative" of Michkov's "cult" has been proven correctly about everything else about him, much to the dismay of his detractors.

We've reached such weird desperation levels that spurned franchises are now deliberating over his listed height and weight to somehow rationalize to themselves that Michkov is not the player he's purported to be. I'd feel sorry if it wasn't so pathetically funny.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Why did he weigh 190 at the Flyers camp, your fan base is proving everyone in here right, absolutely desperate. Coming into a 19 year olds thread that’s been dominant in the NHL to talk about and dispute his weight 😂😂😂

Dr Jablonski PhD

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I feel like Michkov read my comments about him not scoring enough goals from farther out, which is exactly what I was trying to do, yep. It's called manifestation by shit talking (MBST)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Acallabeth

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Maybe not his best, but only 2 points is kind of deceptive. His line produced 6 goals and he assisted on the 7th on the PP, and his zone entries and setup passes were instrumental in like 5 of them. He is the Flyers offense, period.

I thought this was his best game of the year, few more tips and he has 5 points, every zone entry and pass he made setup goals or they almost scored, he was definitely the straw stirring the drink on that line all night, and the PP ran through him, as it has since he set foot on the ice it seems in the NHL. Although Coots and Konency had good games too, but I also feel like they're starting to learn how to play with him better / expecting his passes better which is a good sign.

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024

Proven to be above 190

Notice how it is always Hab fans

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I said it on draft day. 5 teams made an unbelievable mistake here. Michkov is more valuable than any combination of 2 players from picks 2-6. He will be an absolute superstar and top 5-10 player in this league. Signed - frustrated Rangers fan
As a Habs fan, I agree!!

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Maybe not his best, but only 2 points is kind of deceptive. His line produced 6 goals and he assisted on the 7th on the PP, and his zone entries and setup passes were instrumental in like 5 of them. He is the Flyers offense, period.
I guess that explains why the Flyers are 2-5-1 even after a win

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Proven to be above 190

Notice how it is always Hab fans
Some of these guys have multiple accounts, look at the guy saying he’s tiny and won’t stop spamming it for attention because he’s seething, imagine their day to day. Holy moly, it’s a shame because it’s not indicative of the entire fanbase, 99% just love hockey and appreciate the game

Reactions: SlobKnox

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Reactions: majormajor

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Guys, remember that the best tactic is not feeding the trolls.
The 1st preaching of the Cult of Michkov teaches to use the ignore feature and not allow certain someones to degrade the thread.

Reactions: SlobKnox

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Posted all of this and yet the point still stands
So you would take Michkov over Fantilli AND Carlsson? You sure?
He looks good, but he doesn't look Michkov good. And it's his 2nd NHL season...
Doesn’t matter. They both 19 years old. They is not alternate universe that exist where Michkov goes ahead of Carlsson or Fantilli in a re-draft.

That says more about how good and how deep this draft was. There seems to be at least 3 stars with plenty of other prospects who could get there eventually.

Edit: Maybe he does get ahead of Fantilli but no chance he gets ahead of 6’3 Carlsson (C)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I’m sure that most of this board that don’t have an obvious vendetta would take Michkov over those two.
I don’t have a vendetta. I’m just being realistic. This isn’t a knock on Michkov. Carlsson is shaping up to be a younger version of Barkov. He’s that good

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024
I don’t have a vendetta. I’m just being realistic. This isn’t a knock on Michkov. Carlsson is shaping up to be a younger version of Barkov. He’s that good
I am not talking about you when talking about a vendetta.

Also this is my first time seeing Carlsson being compared to Barkov, I don’t see that at all

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I am not talking about you when talking about a vendetta.

Also this is my first time seeing Carlsson being compared to Barkov, I don’t see that at all
Oh ok. I thought you were talking about me!

How many games of Carlsson have you watched this year (be honest?) He’s been nothing short of dominent on both side of the ice.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I wouldn't compare a single prospect to Barkov. He had all the skill and obvious size when young with a bit heavy skating as his issue. He later on fixed that.
But the thing is, his arsenal is one of the broadest in the league if not the broadest. Skill, size, responsibility, and most of all he plays a winning type of hockey. Not only to showcase his own skill and greatness. Therefor I wouldn't compare prospects to him because that's not fair to expect. His game is so well rounded, effective, calculated and skillfully impressive. You can't expect that from most if any youngster.

Just to make it clear how good and important Barkovs roles in teams are? Finland could absolutely upset and win a best-on-best tournament. But some factors would be needed, and one of them would be a performing Barkov. He would be the most important factor with a goalies performance. Followed by Heiskanen and then Rantanen. And then followed by a overall sound and good two-way team game. He's more important than McDavid for Canada or any american for their team. And he is that for a upset contender. That should say a lot about his abilities.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad