RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 5

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I find that hard to believe. Do you have a source? He’s listed at 172 on NHL and 176 on EP. Nonetheless, he looks small out there.
He's short and around 180, but you aren't allowed to question the cult of Michkov. These guys are imagining that he magically grew two inches, even when presented with photo evidence that he is Daniel Brière's height. The same people are now making him out to be some muscle bro. It's all part of a weird narrative.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
He's short and around 180, but you aren't allowed to question the cult of Michkov. These guys are imagining that he magically grew two inches, even when presented with photo evidence that he is Daniel Brière's height. The same people are now making him out to be some muscle bro. It's all part of a weird narrative.

The "weird narrative" of Michkov's "cult" has been proven correctly about everything else about him, much to the dismay of his detractors.

We've reached such weird desperation levels that spurned franchises are now deliberating over his listed height and weight to somehow rationalize to themselves that Michkov is not the player he's purported to be. I'd feel sorry if it wasn't so pathetically funny.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Why did he weigh 190 at the Flyers camp, your fan base is proving everyone in here right, absolutely desperate. Coming into a 19 year olds thread that’s been dominant in the NHL to talk about and dispute his weight 😂😂😂

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Saying a prospect is better than another one for logical reasons is hardly hate mongering . I like Demidov a lot just prefer Michkov. But it sure ruffled many feathers at the perceived slight . Embarrassing how ? Everything I’ve said has been backed up by his performance to date. If anyone should be embarrassed it’s Habs fan and there wild goose chases to discredit him .,,to desperately save face in the eye of a collosal miss. What point of contention did I backpedal on ?
That’s really funny considering this is what you wrote just the other day in response to another poster simply saying he preferred Demidov:
lol at the higher iq and skill aspect . He’s going to be very good to great ; no need to make things up by slagging another player to promote Demi .
These kinds of antics is why no one takes you seriously.

Dr Jablonski PhD

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I feel like Michkov read my comments about him not scoring enough goals from farther out, which is exactly what I was trying to do, yep. It's called manifestation by shit talking (MBST)

Last edited:

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Maybe not his best, but only 2 points is kind of deceptive. His line produced 6 goals and he assisted on the 7th on the PP, and his zone entries and setup passes were instrumental in like 5 of them. He is the Flyers offense, period.

I thought this was his best game of the year, few more tips and he has 5 points, every zone entry and pass he made setup goals or they almost scored, he was definitely the straw stirring the drink on that line all night, and the PP ran through him, as it has since he set foot on the ice it seems in the NHL. Although Coots and Konency had good games too, but I also feel like they're starting to learn how to play with him better / expecting his passes better which is a good sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad