RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

antman12

Nov 27, 2016
This is the most comfortable and "involved" hes been all year. Natural as its only his 7th game, but hes been all over the place in the ozone. Also been in a handful of caps face. He definitely has a little dawg in him.

It was funny, on the faceoff prior to his goal Carlson (I believe) tried to big brother him and rough him up and 39 was too strong on his skates and hardly moved.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him involved in a game tying goal down the stretch here..

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
This is the most comfortable and "involved" hes been all year. Natural as its only his 7th game, but hes been all over the place in the ozone. Also been in a handful of caps face. He definitely has a little dawg in him.

It was funny, on the faceoff prior to his goal Carlson (I believe) tried to big brother him and rough him up and 39 was too strong on his skates and hardly moved.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him involved in a game tying goal down the stretch here..
he looked more in tune on a line with couturier/konecny.....keep him away from Tippett, their games do not mesh.

dendazen

Sep 29, 2024
Every time the kid with the puck, something is happening, it's crazy to see. Yet i see to him do some stupid pass or just don't care play. So much raw talent it's insane. I wish flyers tank this year to get him a top support he's strive with.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia

I think he's surprising some NHLers on the forecheck and in puck battles. He is really strong and he approaches the battles smartly. Using his stick and leverage to control the puck.

7 points in 7 games in this offense is impressive. The Flyers had the worst PP in the NHL last season and he is producing on his own out there.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I think he's surprising some NHLers on the forecheck and in puck battles. He is really strong and he approaches the battles smartly. Using his stick and leverage to control the puck.

7 points in 7 games in this offense is impressive. The Flyers had the worst PP in the NHL last season and he is producing on his own out there.
Was supposed to be small and weak ; doesn’t play like it

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Every time the kid with the puck, something is happening, it's crazy to see. Yet i see to him do some stupid pass or just don't care play. So much raw talent it's insane. I wish flyers tank this year to get him a top support he's strive with.
looks like they don't need to tank.....but ya. michkov-hagens, what a dream that would be.

yes he scored 2 points, but I loved his anger the most today. he played like he was pissed off.

delivered a messier cross check to a cap player's mouth, and had an ivan drago staredown at another time. that was funny as hell

Last edited:
Reactions: dendazen

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

I love how the game just flows through him on the PP, it happened naturally, the guy is so gifted. The great ones always make the right play nearly every time and that’s Michkov to a T, everyone playing checkers, Michkov playing chess. Look at his PPG he didn’t rip that he waited for the screen and “placed / deposited” that shot in the top corner, guy is something else. You see seasoned 10 year vets who are extremely talented maybe do shit like that he’s been doing it since he was a kid.

Reactions: dendazen

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel good about my Calder prediction. He might run away with it. This is a good Calder crop, but Michkov is the caliber of player that should've been a rookie last year.

They should probably also hand Michkov the captaincy now. He may not be able to speak English yet, but as soon as he does he'll be the face of the franchise. Probably is the face of the franchise already. Actually, his translator answering for him in the press conferences might be until he can answer for himself.

Juicy Pop

Tank Commander Fedotov
Apr 26, 2014
Wilkes Barre
he looked more in tune on a line with couturier/konecny.....keep him away from Tippett, their games do not mesh.
Couturier still, thankfully, has some jump in him and can win faceoffs... that's a huge plus over Frost to just win Ozone draws and keep the pressure cooking.

And yeah, Tippett is just not the guy to rely on for finishing the clean looks that Matvei can deliver. He's just a high-volume shot sort of player.

19 years old and he's already the centerpiece of the org... players just need to catch up with him and he could very well be PPG+.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad