RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I get it, he's your guy. But getting salty at legitimate criticism doesn't change the fact that he blew it.. He can play responsibly 98% of the time, but if the time he chooses to peel off is when Draisaitl is flying down the middle of the ice on his way to an OT winner, then he needs to be held responsible.

FYI, I've watched most of Philly's games against Calgary and Edmonton, and bits of the game against Vancouver. Considering that encompasses Michkov's entire career so far, your assertion couldn't be any more false. This is his first error that cost them a game, but again, we're only 3 games in. If you want to make the argument that the good outweighs the bad, I'll listen, but if you're going to pretend that there is no bad, well, keep your head in the sand if that's what you want to do - it's your life.
Let's talk about how in this entire thread, and his career thus far it's been 90% good and you have only spoke on what was bad? You're telling on yourself

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The Habs made a mistake for sure, and they probably got the worst player in the top 10, but every team other than Chicago also made a mistake. I don’t know why it’s acceptable to shame them, but not all the other teams.
It's because those other teams know they f***ed up. Habs fans by in large pretend it was all part of a bigger plan and that they needed a RD and preferred Demidov so didn't take Michkov so they could take Demidov and took their D instead... It's a pretty ludicrous thought process, but that's why they get shamed, denial.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
My mistake, I wasn't aware that Michkov is immune to criticism....Do I need to start all my posts here with a gripe about Bedard first?

Look, my daughter and I spent last night watching Bedard on one screen and Michkov on the other. She's more interested in Bedard because her boyfriend is a big fan, but I was watching Michkov, and I thought he acquitted himself quite nicely for the bulk of the game. But as he did so often in Sochi, he blew the zone looking for a breakaway pass that never came, because it was in the back of his net, scored by the guy he should have been checking. It was a bad play, he's still got things to learn.
The problem you're having is, you come onto a Michkov thread, you say absolutely nothing about the countless positive things he has done that are being talked about by everyone and you wait for your moment where he makes a mistake and you jump all over it.

That's why you're being jumped on and people are getting defensive. Your motives are preetty clear here.

And Bedard is being brought up because you mentioned Michkov dropping due to his defense. Bedard has been a worse defensive player throughout his junior career and in the NHL than Michkov is, why didn't he drop? The answer is, he didn't drop due to any defensice deficiencies

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I don't get this either.....5 teams passed on Michkov.....they are all equally guilty of poor drafting....

I don't know....a lot of your posters last night were pretty upset after Michkovs 2 goal game....and this is only the beginning....one thing I like about the Habs board is the general honesty.....you guys are to passionate about Hockey to hide your true feelings.....granted this happens to every sports team....as a Flyer fan I am still mad about us passing on Caulfield......
How and why? Flyers trading York for Caufield would be disastrous. York is their top D, a true top pair defenseman (2D). Caufield is a 5'6" one dimensional winger who would be competing with Tippet as the 3rd best RW on the team.

Likewise i think Habs would rather keep Caulfield over York with their teams current makeup. In a vacuum the players are pretty much even, Caulfield slightly "better", York far more important posiiton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad