RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
It's pre season, lets pump the brakes on this kid. Showing a lot of promise and potential for sure, but very different games, then comes playoffs. Definitely looking like a bargin pick-up for the Flyers and luck has been on their side.

Before anyone jumps all over me, I wasn't that impressed with Bedard's first season which was a bit of a let down after his CHL and WJC performances. Size still matters and both players are similar in that regard.

I'm pulling for both of them to be scoring machines and entertain crowds for years to come. MM seems to be adjusting nicely though.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
How many points are you guessing for his rookie year?
Some people are going to say real high numbers. I'm going to stick with a range of 50-75. The hype train is rolling hard right now and while I believe he is capable of exceeding that amount I think it is still probably best to set realistic expectations.

If he exceeds my realistic expectation that is dope. However, if I set the bar at 82 and he comes in at 65, that is a recipe for disappointment in what was actually terrific rookie production that should be applauded.

Also, his performance in preseason will lead to teams keying in on him in the regular season. Boston already did key in on him in this game. They were all over him physically. It literally led to Couturier dropping the mitts. The point here is his preseason performance has been noticed and if he is deemed a threat to the Flyers opponent's chance of winning teams will prepare to the best of their ability to stop him.

In conclusion, I hope he produces at an all star level, but I do not expect that out of a 19 year old. Possible, but not expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad