RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah . . . in fantasyland. But in the actual NHL teams don’t use three consecutive top 5 picks on wings.
That's mostly because it's unusual for teams to draft in the top 5 3 years in a row.

Rangers picked Kravtsov at 9, Lafreniere at 1, and Kakko at 2 in 3 straight years.

They used 6 straight first round picks on wingers lol.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
That's mostly because it's unusual for teams to draft in the top 5 3 years in a row.

Rangers picked Kravtsov at 9, Lafreniere at 1, and Kakko at 2 in 3 straight years.

They used 6 straight first round picks on wingers lol.
How did that work out for the Rags. Exactly.

I didn't ask who you would have drafted, I asked who the Habs would have drafted.
Here's your exact question:

"Who should the Habs have drafted instead of Demidov at 5 if they had already drafted Michkov?"

So, you didn't ask me what you wanted to or thought you did.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How did that work out for the Rags. Exactly.
They went to the conference finals this year. But that's not the point. You said NHL teams don't draft wingers with top picks in 3 straight years, yet we have a very recent example of just that. The Jackets did it with Nash, Zherdev, and Picard. The Jets drafted Ehlers and Connor in 2014 and 2015 and still went for another winger at 2nd overall in 2016.

That high in the draft, teams take BPA.

Here's your exact question:

"Who should the Habs have drafted instead of Demidov at 5 if they had already drafted Michkov?"

So, you didn't ask me what you wanted to or thought you did.
Okay, who would the Habs have drafted?

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
There’s literally a thread w that title already in existence
Flyer fans are just gonna have to accept the fact that Canadiens will always make Michkov about them.

And i'm not saying that necessarily in a negative way. I will always make Patrick Kane about the Flyers (the one time we should have drafted first overall, he goes to the Blackhawks and then scores the cup winning goal).

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The Hawks did it just this year when they passed on supposed "BPA" Demidov to shore up their D. Teams don't pick the same type of player at the top of the draft year after year, it's now how people actually employed by NHL teams (unlike us here) actually construct a roster.
Last year ducks felt carlsson was bpa at 2 not fantilli

This year Hawks felt levs was the bpa at 2
Ducks felt sennecke was bpa at 3
Etc

What you and i think is the consensus bpa at a draft position isn’t necessarily what scouts think

You think that mm was bpa at 5 and habs passed on him for need or draft strategy

No they passed on him because they didn’t feel he was bpa

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Flyer fans are just gonna have to accept the fact that Canadiens will always make Michkov about them.

And i'm not saying that necessarily in a negative way. I will always make Patrick Kane about the Flyers (the one time we should have drafted first overall, he goes to the Blackhawks and then scores the cup winning goal).
which is odd because they have two threads on their team forum that were basically for people to Lament about not drafting Michkov or to come up with reason why they didn't draft him and to generally argue.

Reactions: Devonator

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
There are really four posters in here making this about the Habs. Two NJ fans, one Leafs fan and one Habs fan.

And now me. But this is getting silly. Not sure why Mods have let this go on about Demidov and the Habs for pages and pages.

And you're acting like the Demidov thread isn't exactly the same, absolutely bizarre, lmao.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
And you're acting like the Demidov thread isn't exactly the same, absolutely bizarre, lmao.

Nah it's all silly. I'm not acting like anything.

I'm pointing out that it's really just a few people doing this. And it's also the same posters in both threads lol.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Nah it's all silly. I'm not acting like anything.

I'm pointing out that it's really just a few people doing this. And it's also the same posters in both threads lol.

Indeed true, I blocked all the troll Habs fans that refuse to be logical so I haven't seen it in here for awhile lol, check out the Reinbacher thread, but get a drink and popcorn before you go! :naughty::laugh:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
There are really four posters in here making this about the Habs. Two NJ fans, one Leafs fan and one Habs fan.

And now me. But this is getting silly. Not sure why Mods have let this go on about Demidov and the Habs for pages and pages.
There’s about 3 different threads that are interchangeable as far as topics being discussed , maybe 4 . None are better or worse than the others. I think you’re extremely light on your Hab quotient above . There is easily 4 or 5 Hab posters policing them all

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Indeed true, I blocked all the troll Habs fans that refuse to be logical so I haven't seen it in here for awhile lol, check out the Reinbacher thread, but get a drink and popcorn before you go! :naughty::laugh:
They’ve now convinced themselves that he had a terrific year and it was the coaches and teams fault that he struggled ; additionally that 11 ok games in Laval matter more then 35 games in the NL . lol ( and yes I realize I’m feeding the trolls here )

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
They went to the conference finals this year. But that's not the point. You said NHL teams don't draft wingers with top picks in 3 straight years, yet we have a very recent example of just that. The Jackets did it with Nash, Zherdev, and Picard. The Jets drafted Ehlers and Connor in 2014 and 2015 and still went for another winger at 2nd overall in 2016.

That high in the draft, teams take BPA.

Okay, who would the Habs have drafted?
Just a guess, but probably Buium.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seasons starting soon...get your little shots in while you can...gonna be a long season for you if you keep that hatred in your heart. This kid is the real deal

Get used to it. There's a significant presence of "fans" on here who find fault with any move the Flyers make.

Kind of like Randy Quaid in the Major League movies.

Reactions: antman12

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Michkov in the Flyers, Laine in MTL, Sabres future with UPL and Lamberts, Lundells, Jiriceks and Kulichs upcoming seasons excite me the most.

I hope the Flyers can try to get a sneaky trade and bring Heinola here. I've given up UPL & Lambert now. They are are rated too high by their franchises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad