RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Why do you feel you need to manage expectations? It’s a prospect board . People are excited . You have concussions and clashes w coaches in your projection . Lighten up . Your team passed on him for what looks like a vastly less dynamic option , you’re sensitive ; we get it
I suspect you talk about Habs fans (i cant see who you are replying to as i block em all) but Habs fans should stay away from this prospect thread and Flyers fans should avoid trying to have a nice convo with them. Waste of time.

Watched the game. He was very good, Desnoyers wasted many on that line and side note i thought the Rangers goalie was very good.

Reactions: Xirik

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Yeah, in a couple years.
Since well before his draft, I've pegged him as a regular 100+ point player in his prime.

He'll be an absolute force, and anyone who doubted that is foolish.

To think we could've had a Michkov-Demidov duo lmao.

I'm crying
I was outraged, but the past is the past and one has to be willing to let go of others' errors eventually, no matter how much they sting.

Reactions: jfhabs

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Doesn't that just make all of Demidov's goals last year lesser than Beer League? LOL.
They are running out of critical topics since he’s no longer small and the problem teammate bit seems like total fiction . Which leaves us w skill …not much to nitpick there other then developing his 2 way game ( which to me is overstated/ something almost every young player in the league needs to work on ) .

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He's the size of Daniel Brière. Also, his attitude problems are not fiction.
Looks like Briere was listed at a very generous 5’ 9 ( more like 5 7 ) , 170 ish for most of his career . So Michkov at 5‘10 190 is bigger than Briere ever was , and specifically at 19 years old ( ie he likely gets bigger ) . Poor comparison, poor attempt at diminishment . You got the inside scoop on his attitude issues ? Do tell .

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
He should have been a Hab.

Now we are stuck with Reinbacher who looks like he could have been picked with a late 1st or early 2nd. Meanwhile Michkov is looking like he will make a run for the Calder this year. Ryan Leonard looks like a powerforward beast. Dvorsky looks like he will be very effective. And to make it even worse, the Leafs get Cowan with a late 1st and he looks ahead of Reinbacher already.

Im gonna puke.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Looks like Briere was listed at a very generous 5’ 9 ( more like 5 7 ) , 170 ish for most of his career . So Michkov at 5‘10 190 is bigger than Briere ever was
AA1pOQZ4.img

Reactions: jfhabs

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC

Now we are stuck with Reinbacher who looks like he could have been picked with a late 1st or early 2nd. Meanwhile Michkov is looking like he will make a run for the Calder this year. Ryan Leonard looks like a powerforward beast. Dvorsky looks like he will be very effective. And to make it even worse, the Leafs get Cowan with a late 1st and he looks ahead of Reinbacher already.

Im gonna puke.
Holy overreaction Batman.

Maybe have some patience?

Reactions: Just Linda

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas

Im gonna puke.
You were saying that Michkov was unmotivated and would never play in the NHL and that Reinbacher was the next Pronger.

Give it more than 14 months, man. Things will be ok. Reinbacher is going to be fine

Reactions: HanSolo

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Yeah, probably, but not Michkov level fine let alone Michkov level fun...
Sure but he was never drafted to be Michkov level fun. The Habs have Slaf, Dach, Suzuki, Caufield, plus Mesar, Demidov and an assortment of talented wingers. Reinbacher if he can play a dominant defensive role with some offensive contribution is going to do more for their chances to win as a team

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad