RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Stutzle contributes more than Lafreniere when not scoring.

Laf had a great year but he's still the third best player on his line. Stutzle dropped 90 points in 78 games when he was healthy without a guy like panarin.
But Stutzle did it with PP1 time. Laf didn’t sniff PP1 last year. How much more points would he have gotten if he did?

To add to my point earlier, he had 14 points in 16 playoff games without PP1 time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him put 90+ next year if he get bumped up on PP1.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
That’s very debatable. Laf only really got going in December and he never got PP1 time.

Last year I seen him twice (live) after December and Stutzle once. He was noticeably better and was very dangerous every time he got on the ice (although no point in the first of those two games).

Give him PP1 time and he’s either a PPG or better last year.
Stutzle was playing injured a good bit of the year . I expect him to be above ppg this season ( 85 to 90 ish pts ) . I’d be surprised if Laf got there but he’s got the pedigree for a jump

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
This has been beaten like a dead horse over and over again. At the draft he was the clear, very clear #2 talent (As a prospect up to that point). Most GM's don't last 3 years anymore, no one is willing to take the risk they won't see Michkov until 4 years when they had other solid talents like Carlsson and Fantilli available, especially when they play center. That's just as plain and simple as it gets, hockey is a business and the business side is important to management and people trying to keep their jobs, even owners, they need butts in seats. People just highlight Montreal and San Jose because they were in a slot where it kind of just made sense to take him, whatever shit happens and the picks were made.
This reasoning makes no sense when one of those GMs who passed on Michkov opted to take Sennecke the following year, who won't be NHL ready for at least another 2-3 years.

I think that Michkov will be a great player but these "I know exactly what GMs are thinking" takes are so absurd.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
"I think NHL GMs are infallible geniuses except when they do something that disagrees with my point then they are braindead idiots and it's an old boys club"

• Haha
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Looks like the character concern already showing itself in camp!
Laughable that this was even a concern .

This reasoning makes no sense when one of those GMs who passed on Michkov opted to take Sennecke the following year, who won't be NHL ready for at least another 2-3 years.

I think that Michkov will be a great player but these "I know exactly what GMs are thinking" takes are so absurd.
Wanted a centre ? Carlsson could be a special player himself

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad