RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
His play style is nothing like Crosby. Crosby is a play driver who has world class vision and compete. His edgework, board work and defensive capabilities are something that Michkov can only dream of. They don't play the same style at all, this is a terrible comparison.
Michkov has quite a few similarities to Crosby's style. He's absolutely a play driver. Anyone who speaks negatively of Michkov's board work and edges simply has not watched him enough. These are some of his best strengths

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Probably not, but I can bet you he outscores any Montreal player over the next decade through his age 21-31 seasons.
Given the fact that Philly has a pretty mediocre top 6 and Montreal has a much better F prospect group I would not really hesitate to take that bet. Both Slaf and Demidov could easily outscore Michkov from their respective 21-31 seasons.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Given the fact that Philly has a pretty mediocre top 6 and Montreal has a much better F prospect group I would not really hesitate to take that bet. Both Slaf and Demidov could easily outscore Michkov from their respective 21-31 seasons.

Michkov is a way, way better prospect than Demidov, and he's a lot more talented than Slaf one of the lesser 1st OA picks in the last decade or two, goodluck. "Easily" hahaha, the Montreal fans keep Montrealin'.

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Michkov is a way, way better prospect than Demidov, and he's a lot more talented than Slaf one of the lesser 1st OA picks in the last decade or two, goodluck. "Easily" hahaha.
Yeah you say that but in his D+1 Michkov still couldn’t crack SKA lineup right? I would wait until Demidov play at least a full season in the KHL before saying he’s a way, way better prospect as you stated.

As for Slaf, he just finished the year with 35 points in his last 40 games. He’s still got a full year of development before his 21-31 seasons and already showed he can produce at a high pace in the NHL - which Michkov didn’t do yet.

Laugh all you want but playing the odds here that one of the two will end up being better than Michkov is just logic. You’re the one being delusional making those kind of statements.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah you say that but in his D+1 Michkov still couldn’t crack SKA lineup right? I would wait until Demidov play at least a full season in the KHL before saying he’s a way, way better prospect as you stated.

As for Slaf, he just finished the year with 35 points in his last 40 games. He’s still got a full year of development before his 21-31 seasons and already showed he can produce at a high pace in the NHL - which Michkov didn’t do yet.

Laugh all you want but playing the odds here that one of the two will end up being better than Michkov is just logic. You’re the one being delusional making those kind of statements.
Demidov played in the MHL last year, he couldn't even crack the VHL let alone the KHL lmao, they aren't equal as prospects, no matter how much you try to twist it in your favor, they're nowhere close. Yeah Slaf is never going to be a top 15 point getter in the NHL, he's not that type of player, Michkov will most likely start outproducing him if not his rookie season his next season. Laughing? You are choosing to ignore stats and logic, you're a blind homer and you're posting this IN a MICHKOV thread. You're desperate, hope you get better buddy.

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
but Demidov got more 1st votes.:naughty:

img_4613-png.900084

I'm personally in the Silayev camp. let the Michkov and Demidov fans fight and wear themselves out and then Silayev will easily vanquish them!
Silayev whose only qualities are his skating and size? Considering how terrible his offensive instincts are, the Devils will be lucky if this kid ever puts up more than 30 points in his prime.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
A winger version of Crosby with better goal scoring ability but not as explosive with the first steps as Crosby was the same age.
And then people say Demidov is overhyped and Habs fans should be happy he gets 70 points while calling Michkov the second coming of Crosby with better goal scoring. He'll likely be an excellent PPG player, but let's not lose ourselves in the delusion.

Reactions: Angler

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Demidov played in the MHL last year, he couldn't even crack the VHL let alone the KHL lmao, they aren't equal as prospects, no matter how much you try to twist it in your favor, they're nowhere close. Yeah Slaf is never going to be a top 15 point getter in the NHL, he's not that type of player, Michkov will most likely start outproducing him if not his rookie season his next season. Laughing? You are choosing to ignore stats and logic, you're a blind homer and you're posting this IN a MICHKOV thread. You're desperate, hope you get better buddy.
It is well documented that they burried him because he wouldn’t sign an extension (like Michkov did) to stay a couple more seasons in Russia.

On the contrary, I try to stay as logic as one can be. The odds of one *any* Montreal forward outproducing Michkov from their 21-31 seasons is far greater the opposite. That’s simple math and logic. So many things could happen not just from the Habs perspective but from Michkov perspective.

You’re acting like he’s already a star PPG player when he hasn’t even played a game yet

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
It is well documented that they burried him because he wouldn’t sign an extension (like Michkov did) to stay a couple more seasons in Russia.

On the contrary, I try to stay as logic as one can be. The odds of one *any* Montreal forward outproducing Michkov from their 21-31 seasons is far greater the opposite. That’s simple math and logic. So many things could happen not just from the Habs perspective but from Michkov perspective.

You’re acting like he’s already a star PPG player when he hasn’t even played a game yet

The point is - assessing a player's talent based on SKA's usage is just dumb. Rotenberg doesn't run SKA like a normal team.
Both Michkov and Demidov have been buried within SKA's system.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Did his 41 pts in 47 KHL( in a much lower scoring league ) games last year lead you the conclusion that he struggled ? Neither will be better( imo only ) . Nothing about their pre NHL resumes would indicate that this is likely at all …

Angler

Jan 16, 2006
All sorts of crazy things said in this thread but this is kind of crazy in the opposite direction. Michkov's edgework and board play are some of his best attributes by far. When I first started watching Michkov's game before he was drafted, Crosby was the first person I thought of as well. They're certainly different players on a number of fronts once you take a longer look, but I'd say you're pretty off-base as well.
That's great and all, but it isn't in the same realm as Crosby. My point was that Crosby's edgework, board work and skating in general is on another level when compared to a player like Michkov. Crosby has always been very strong on his skates and can play with grit. They also tend to generate offence in different ways. Michkov uses his shot coming off the half wall far more than Crosby ever does. It's his bread and butter. It is a bad comparison IMO.

But don't mistake my opinion on this as criticism towards the player. My criticism is directed at the comparison alone. I do think that Michkov is going to be a great player.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The point is - assessing a player's talent based on SKA's usage is just dumb. Rotenberg doesn't run SKA like a normal team.
Both Michkov and Demidov have been buried within SKA's system.
Actually that was my point. His point was that since Demidov didn’t crack SKA lineup he was an inferior prospect to Michkov.
Did his 41 pts in 47 KHL( in a much lower scoring league ) games last year lead you the conclusion that he struggled ? Neither will be better( imo only ) . Nothing about their pre NHL resumes would indicate that this is likely at all …
Never said he struggled but his point was that Michkov played in the KHL last year and Demidov didn’t. I gave arguments as to why this was dumb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad