RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
You make this sound like some sort of well-honed rocket science, rather than what it really was: Habs making a big mistake.

And I say this as someone who likes the Habs and who would have enjoyed seeing Michkov with the Habs. That's the only reason I still acknowledge these replies.

Reinbacher has limited upside and is coming off a disappointing season. He's not your future #1D. Especially if you're building to win cups, which the Habs keep saying they're intending to do.
how bout we let those kids play some games before calling anything a "big mistake" Montreal isnt the only team that passed on Michkov he dropped to #7 and Chicago did a similar thing this year passing on Demidov for Levshunov,Michkov and Demidov were both suppose to be the second best talents of their draft year and yet they both dropped GMs will always value positions and RD and C are more important then winger

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
In a general sense the higher a player is drafted (their pedigree) the more likely they will be an NHLer. I think that is proven over all the drafts. Of course there will be exceptions. As for Michkov, he was a star when drafted and will be a star in the nhl.
Sure.

But I hope you can realize the ridiculous statement of “he was better at 19, therefor has a good chance at being better in the NHL when comparing absolute stars.

If that were the case, I am incredible excited at Edvisson being approx 10x the player Chara ever was

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
He is small, one-dimensional and nowhere close to being the best offensive player in the khl . There must have been not much incentive to keep him in the first place. He should start the season in the ahl.
You are getting more and more ridiculous with your anti Michkov agenda (only because you are the one and only Russian here who has Demidov over Michkov). Btw Michkov was 3rd in PPG in the KHL before his pneumonia and when Popugaev or Rendulic did something close for a shitty team like Sochi, guess which team signed them… there is absolutely no doubt that Michkov deserved a spot at SKA and with better support would have been a top 10 or even top 5 scorer in the K already last season.

From a Russian fan perspective, losing Michkov, Buchelnikov, Khus and soon Demidov for the likes of cocaine Kuz and drunken Alex is an absolute disgrace and every Russian hockey fan should be shitting on Rotenbergs head and being pissed af. Instead of there are some “fans” who even defend his decisions while he never won anything with all the opportunities SKA has… on top of that being outcoached and outplayed against opponents playing with teenagers.

And about “Michkov should start in the AHL”, a league in which Gushin or Merkulov are All Stars, Michkov would destroy on one leg.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
You are getting more and more ridiculous with your anti Michkov agenda (only because you are the one and only Russian here who has Demidov over Michkov). Btw Michkov was 3rd in PPG in the KHL before his pneumonia and when Popugaev or Rendulic did something close for a shitty team like Sochi, guess which team signed them… there is absolutely no doubt that Michkov deserved a spot at SKA and with better support would have been a top 10 or even top 5 scorer in the K already last season.

From a Russian fan perspective, losing Michkov, Buchelnikov, Khus and soon Demidov for the likes of cocaine Kuz and drunken Alex is an absolute disgrace and every Russian hockey fan should be shitting on Rotenbergs head and being pissed af. Instead of there are some “fans” who even defend his decisions while he never won anything with all the opportunities SKA has… on top of that being outcoached and outplayed against opponents playing with teenagers.

And about “Michkov should start in the AHL”, a league in which Gushin or Merkulov are All Stars, Michkov would destroy on one leg.
I would admit Rotenberg had nice 2022-2023 season from game perspective without really huge roster - there were a lot of young players. But he didn't try to continue to develop that team more and tried to just sign more better players in the vacuum. No chemistry from the beginning of last season, a lot of holes in the game.
I would say he is good organisator, but he definitely should not be coach and his management role should be limited.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think any kid taken in the top 10, let alone the top 5, should be given 5-6 years post draft to see what he can do. Some will be great right away, some it takes years ( see Laffy with Rangers ) and yes others don't pan out.

As a Habs fan I don't wish Michkov any ill will because as a fan of hockey you hope all kids succeed. I just want Reinbacher to be a top pair D and hopefully a no.1D.

I'm not here to argue with anybody about the merits of a certain kid.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I think any kid taken in the top 10, let alone the top 5, should be given 5-6 years post draft to see what he can do. Some will be great right away, some it takes years ( see Laffy with Rangers ) and yes others don't pan out.

As a Habs fan I don't wish Michkov any ill will because as a fan of hockey you hope all kids succeed. I just want Reinbacher to be a top pair D and hopefully a no.1D.

I'm not here to argue with anybody about the merits of a certain kid.
Based off what Reinbacher has done post draft, he looks nothing like someone who would trend to a 1D. Every Montreal fan is posting about Reinbacher and Demidov in a Michkov thread, its bizzare.

Last edited:
Reactions: antman12

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
well then, there shouldn't be any feelings of insecurity about him playing in the ahl. if you are right he will be brought up to the nhl in no time.

I dont have any. Thats the same talk people had before Michkov did his first steps against men. Then he had 5 points in 13 games in the K for SKA (while playing over 10 minutes in just 3 games) as a 16 year old. Lacrossed the swedish senior hockey team (again as a 16 year old) becoming the youngest player scoring a goal for Russia and scored 10 goals in 12 games in the VHL (something Miroshnichenko needed over 30 games for). That’s all before he became the best U20 scorer the KHL has ever had for maybe the weakest team the KHL ever had. I can only laugh about when people think he would scoring any less than someone like Stankoven in the AHL.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
This looks about right to me . With proper deployment I think he pots around 30
I think 55-65 points is fair, it kind of depends when he hit his "groove" and figures out the pace of the NHL. I could see him eclipsing 70 if the the PP clicks at a higher rate too, who knows. He's been playing against grown men forever so that factor shouldn't be too much of an issue, that being said if he goes for 55, and 20-25 goals I wouldn't be surprised or sad.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I think 55-65 points is fair, it kind of depends when he hit his "groove" and figures out the pace of the NHL. I could see him eclipsing 70 if the the PP clicks at a higher rate too, who knows. He's been playing against grown men forever so that factor shouldn't be too much of an issue, that being said if he goes for 55, and 20-25 goals I wouldn't be surprised or sad.
Yup that would be a successful season in my book

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Based off what Reinbacher has done post draft, he looks nothing like someone who would trend to a 1D. Every Montreal fan is posting about Reinbacher and Demidov in a Michkov thread, its bizzare.
Reinbacher was very good in the AHL at the end of the season. His team in the Swiss league last season was a mess. They changed coaches twice. And no one has said he projects to be a 1D, including Kent Hughes. First pairing is not the same as 1D.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Reinbacher was very good in the AHL at the end of the season. His team in the Swiss league last season was a mess. They changed coaches twice. And no one has said he projects to be a 1D, including Kent Hughes. First pairing is not the same as 1D.

It's entirely possible he could be a 1D someday, or a top pairing guy, I was just saying the way he's trended post draft didn't appear that way to me. Everyone develops differently, I hope he becomes a good player for you guys, I don't have him, just my opinion.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Pffff. The Russian media is obviously pro-Philadelphia and anti-Montreal.

Am I doing it right?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Pffff. The Russian media is obviously pro-Philadelphia and anti-Montreal.

Am I doing it right?

but Demidov got more 1st votes.:naughty:

img_4613-png.900084

I'm personally in the Silayev camp. let the Michkov and Demidov fans fight and wear themselves out and then Silayev will easily vanquish them!

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
So the chasm between the two isn't as large as Flyer fans would have us believe?
Silaev has a similar gap between he and Demidov that Demidov has to Michkov. I think there also could be a bit of bias for the guy staying in Russia vs the guy who’s fleeing….so while interesting taking it all w a grain of salt .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad