RW Matthew Coronato - Calgary Wranglers, AHL (2021, 13th, CGY)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Coronato had himself a weekend as Harvard took on their first playoff opponent. In a 3 game series he:

-Scored with 15 seconds left in the first game to tie it up and send it to OT
-Beat his man to skate in 2-1, and after he made a nice pass Harvard tied it with 2:15 seconds left to send it to OT in the second game (Harvard lost in 2OT)
-Got an assist on the 2nd goal and scored the game sealing goal to win 3-1 and kick the other team out of the playoffs

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Coronato had himself a weekend as Harvard took on their first playoff opponent. In a 3 game series he:

-Scored with 15 seconds left in the first game to tie it up and send it to OT
-Beat his man to skate in 2-1, and after he made a nice pass Harvard tied it with 2:15 seconds left to send it to OT in the second game (Harvard lost in 2OT)
-Got an assist on the 2nd goal and scored the game sealing goal to win 3-1 and kick the other team out of the playoffs

Good to hear.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Very encouraging draft +1 season.
Similar numbers to Zegras (36pts in 33games), Caufield (36pts in 36games), Gaudreau (44pts 44games)

I think he'll go back to NCAA for one more season before we see him with the big club.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
A top player/prospect that everyone forgot :)

3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points through first 3 games of his sophomore season.

Ferrell and Coronato connects while SH

Laferriere and Coronato connects while PP

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Up to 10 points in 6 games.

Unless they acquire a winger before the deadline, this guy should be in the Flames top 9 whenever Harvard's season ends. He is good enough.

But with Sutter at the helm, I am not holding my breath...

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Up to 10 points in 6 games.

Unless they acquire a winger before the deadline, this guy should be in the Flames top 9 whenever Harvard's season ends. He is good enough.

But with Sutter at the helm, I am not holding my breath...
Also of note, don’t know how consistently it’s been done but Harvard has been using him as a centre this season so far. Don’t know if he can be a centre at the NHL but it’s always nice to see he has options.

But yea, his shot in the first highlight is filthy. This kid can score goals with the best of them while bringing plenty of other aspects to his game. Not saying they’re comparable players/prospects, but Coronato continues his literal identical production to Caufield.

USHL (draft year)
Caufield: 29G, 12A in 28 games
Coronato: 48G, 37A in 51 games

NCAA (D+1)
Caufield: 19G, 17A in 36 games
Coronato: 18G, 18A in 34 games

NCAA (D+2)
Caufield: 30G, 22A in 31 games
Coronato (pace): 21G, 31A in 31 games

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Love his release. Interesting he's been playing so much center this year, wonder if that's just a coaching decision to put the best player on the team there or if he actually prefers it now.

Sign him to a max ELC the minute the Crimson's season is over plz. Do not want to be in another will he won't he situation with an American player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad