RW Jordan Dumais - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2022, 96th, CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
None should put too much weight on what happens at WJC.

There are cases where a player has played superb, scored tons
but never made it to the NHL, or as a regular NHLer, or didn't score much.

Also, there are cases where a player sucked, didn't score at all, or not much
but had a great NHL career, became a star.

Those who are dissing Dumais because he had a bad short international
tournament, haven't watched either enough hockey as it is, or not seen
enough of Dumais all together, because..

All the tools (and a toolbox) are there, don't ya worry, some question his skating,
well its not and will not be an issue, trust me on that.

Jordan Dumais just is that good, he will become a star at NHL level.
All the tools aren't there though and that's the problem with people who scout by using stats and can't project smaller slower players properly.

Sure one in a hundred small skilled guys who aren't elite skaters make the NHL but 99 of them don't and his showing at the tournament was a complete disappointment if we are being honest here.

His IQ is enough to overcome his lack of other skills in the Q but It's doubtfull that he will even be a star in the AHL IMO as people under estimate how big the jump is from CHL to aHL then another big jump to the NHL and Dumais is a top 6 or nothing player in the NHL..

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm reminded of Jack Quinn having a poor WJC scoring (though his defense remained solid), only later to find he needed hernia surgery and was trying to play through it. Dumais will have a lot to prove going forward, but the need for the surgeries is certainly a mitigating factor in his performance.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
What are the chances this ruins his development?
I’d say there is a high likelihood this screws up his development. His skating was already bad, this could ruin it all together.

On the other hand, there is a chance although unlikely that it this was the reason why his skating was so bad, so there is an off chance that it could help improve it?

Double hip surgery is terrible,

Reactions: wetcoast

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’d say there is a high likelihood this screws up his development. His skating was already bad, this could ruin it all together.

On the other hand, there is a chance although unlikely that it this was the reason why his skating was so bad, so there is an off chance that it could help improve it?

Double hip surgery is terrible,

Wondering how much like Brink getting his hip work done and how that seems to have cleaned up some of his skating issues this will be. It'll bear viewing, for sure.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
He asked for a trade out of Halifax and didnt get it, need to think that has something to do with decisions made at this moment

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
He asked for a trade out of Halifax and didnt get it, need to think that has something to do with decisions made at this moment
Interesting... Moose are going in hard to win a couple rounds at least... is he blaming Moose medical staff in some way? Certainly making his decision to prioritize his health and not the Moose.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

So a player can just go get surgery whenever they're upset with their team? Seems kind of hard to do if you don't have a serious injury.

------------------------------------------

Is he getting hip surgeries or not?

Edit: appears not. Just the abdominal surgery, no hip surgery.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
in last 10 games without Dumais, 5 wins, 5 losses for Halifax, 3 losses in their last 5 games.
Only just 10 goals for in that span. (5 games), 21 goals in that 10 game span.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
in last 10 games without Dumais, 5 wins, 5 losses for Halifax, 3 losses in their last 5 games.
Only just 10 goals for in that span. (5 games), 21 goals in that 10 game span.
He is the main weapon for the offense by a mile so I’m not sure why this is a surprise?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Maybe he shouldn't return to the Halifax, but stay in Columbus.
- Moose Heads are currently a big mess, i think best for Jordan would be staying

Have him continue to train with Blue Jackets players, get to know them,
gets a feel for the pro game, then April 15th join the Monsters
and help their fight for the Calder Cup.

Would be a huge boost for them to get a player of his level to join them,
- would also help Jordan for the next season, to get a spot from Blue Jackets
from the get go

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
For him, juniors is done and done.
Last season, he was the 2nd best player after Bedard in the CHL
- without injuries, who knows how many points he could have scored.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's extremely difficult for any player to jump from the CHL directly into the aHL after a long layoff coming off an injury.

By best do you mean PPG or actual play?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
- Moose Heads are currently a big mess, i think best for Jordan would be staying

from the get go

Do you not understand the gap between the Q and the A?

I'd like to see him give it a shot, although Cleveland might not have a lot of ice time to go around for a kid in his first pro games.

Dumais has never gone to the Memorial Cup. He was injured in the last playoffs as well. There's a lot left to prove there.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Do you not understand the gap between the Q and the A?

I'd like to see him give it a shot, although Cleveland might not have a lot of ice time to go around for a kid in his first pro games.

Dumais has never gone to the Memorial Cup. He was injured in the last playoffs as well. There's a lot left to prove there.

I hear you but, i disagree with your opinion

If he goes back to Halifax, id doesn't help him, does nothing good to him
for his career.

Moose are not going any far in the play-offs, not how they are currently playing
adding Dumais would help their scoring but after they traded for Reynolds,,
they haven't been themselves, maybe his arrival has messed up the all around
chemistry, feel of the team, what is fact is, their d and Rousseau been swiss cheese

From Rousseau's last 8 starts in 5 of them, 23 goals against, been pulled 3 times
4.60 gaa / .860 sv%

What comes to the gap between AHL and QMJHL, sure, but do you have any idea
how good player Jordan Dumais is?

Logan Stankoven has a pace for almost 50 goals and 100 points in his rookie season in the AHL
Dumais > Stankoven

can't find minutes from Monsters roster?... yeah i think he'd be playing 1st line 1st PP unit
minutes in the AHL

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hear you but, i disagree with your opinion

If he goes back to Halifax, id doesn't help him, does nothing good to him
for his career.

Moose are not going any far in the play-offs, not how they are currently playing
adding Dumais would help their scoring but after they traded for Reynolds,,
they haven't been themselves, maybe his arrival has messed up the all around
chemistry, feel of the team, what is fact is, their d and Rousseau been swiss cheese

From Rousseau's last 8 starts in 5 of them, 23 goals against, been pulled 3 times
4.60 gaa / .860 sv%

What comes to the gap between AHL and QMJHL, sure, but do you have any idea
how good player Jordan Dumais is?

Logan Stankoven has a pace for almost 50 goals and 100 points in his rookie season in the AHL
Dumais > Stankoven

can't find minutes from Monsters roster?... yeah i think he'd be playing 1st line 1st PP unit
minutes in the AHL

The path in the Q playoffs being difficult does not imply that Dumais would not benefit from it. Difficult junior opponents would be good for him.

You have to pay more attention to the translation factors between leagues. Stankoven is a more powerful skater, we would expect him to translate better to the A. Not to mention that Dumais is just coming off surgery, it's going to be rough handling in the pros.

Cleveland already has a lethal PP led by Trey Fix Wolansky. They might have Bemstrom back for the playoffs too. They're a PP machine already.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

from the get go
He's not eligible for the AHL until the Mooseheads get eliminated. He cannot skate with the Monsters at all until that date.

Also, I think you are grossly overestimating the impact that Dumais would have on the Monsters given that he would be months out of game time.

This is simply false. Dumais's game has been growing this year, and there is still room for growth. While Dumais is raking on the offensive side, he is getting better defensively.

Also, Dumais wasn't the best player in the Q, contrary to what some might post. That would be Doucet (who was his teammate).

Reactions: majormajor

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Dumais > Stankoven

Yeah, no chance. I don't care if you watch highlights and sort points per game on Elite Prospects, Dumais is not a better player than Stankoven. There's a reason he has been a consistent top performer internationally and Dumais hasn't even been able to crack the teams. Leaving aside their offensive traits, Stankoven is a constant buzzsaw on the ice whose motor never stops. I'm not some Dallas Stars fan; I live in Halifax and have watched Dumais for the last 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad