RW Jordan Dumais - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2022, 96th, CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
2nd in QMJHL assists (20), 8th in points (28),
1st in even number assists (15) & points (20) in the QMJHL.

From his 20 assists, 16 been primary assists. That's 80%.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
10th goal of the season was a ...... goal :)

no look, what ever, lucky goal, he was surprised that the puck went in
maybe it went in via sea dog player

i think he tried to make a backhand pass

theqmjhl.ca/gamecentre/29228/boxscore

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
2 more goals.

12 goals, 35 points in 23 games.

This kid is becoming one of my favorite players of the 2022 draft.

Obviously SHOULD get picked in the 1st round.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
This kids stick just won't cool down, 13g 24a in 24gp at 17yrs old

I just have no idea where he goes being a short 5'8" 165lbs frame, just doesn't seem like an NHL potential guy but who knows? I'd like to see his skating get better in the future. It's pretty solid right now but could be better.

Reactions: Dominance

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I just have no idea where he goes being a short 5'8" 165lbs frame, just doesn't seem like an NHL potential guy but who knows? I'd like to see his skating get better in the future. It's pretty solid right now but could be better.
Might have to be a Connor Garland career path. Scouts don't seem to want to give him any love.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Why are you complaining about his skating?, nitpicking? he is a good strong skater.
could be better? meh, maybe a bit, but that's not his what he needs to work on

Your eyes he doesn't seem like player with NHL potential?

It is eye of the beholder i guess.

To my eyes, i see top 6 NHL potential (at the moment) who knows how much he develops in the coming years

A player who 100% should go in the 1st round, top 10 - top 15 - top 20 range

He is an insane good playmaker, with really high hockey iq, his shot is underrated.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Also, 5 8, is not that short (not anymore) and people really shouldn't look at those lbs numbers,
the quality and where the muscles are over quantity

Look at Alex DeBrincat, 5 foot 7, weighs 160 pounds, but strong as an ox.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Top 2004 born scorers in the Q this season

1. Jordan Dumais - 37 points
2. Justin Cote - 28 points
3. Luke Woodworth - 21 points
4. Antonin Verreault - 20 points
5. Markus Vidicek - 18 points
6. Niks Fenenkos - 16 points

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Why are you complaining about his skating?, nitpicking? he is a good strong skater.
could be better? meh, maybe a bit, but that's not his what he needs to work on

Your eyes he doesn't seem like player with NHL potential?

It is eye of the beholder i guess.

To my eyes, i see top 6 NHL potential (at the moment) who knows how much he develops in the coming years

A player who 100% should go in the 1st round, top 10 - top 15 - top 20 range

He is an insane good playmaker, with really high hockey iq, his shot is underrated.

I too have questions about his skating but almost everything else about this kids game screams 1st rounder.

He has average acceleration at best and his strides aren’t really powerful enough to allow him to gain separation from his opponents.

He is a highly skilled player - he has fast hands, and his read of the play is good, the puck seems to follow him, and when it does, he tends to make the opposition pay. He does play with speed, but it's his hockey sense that puts him where he should be and is easily his best attribute.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yeah but i remember lots of posters said the same stuff about DeBrincat
which was not true.

But lets wait, what he will become.
I went back to see the old DeBrincat thread since I wasn’t around on HF then:

RW Alex DeBrincat (2016, 39th, CHI)

Wasn’t much concern about his skating, many pointing out he is an above average skater and was able to keep up with his line mate, Connor McDavid.
The concern with DeBrincat was always his size and a narrative he was being carried by elite line mates in McDavid and Strome.

Size could be a concern with Dumais and may cause him to drop down the draft board a bit.
With how elite Dumais is most other aspects of his game, I hope teams don’t pass on him because he isn’t an elite skater for his size. He’s no Corey Locke - thats for sure.
I do hope that Dumais adds a feistiness to his game because if he does I think he could very well project close to a Brad Marchand at the next level who isn’t an elite skater for his size either.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@GeorgeLeafer12 he has “good” skating at the QMJHL level, but that means average skating at the NHL level. There’s no 5’8” average skaters in the NHL for obvious reasons. That’s the concern.

There’s nothing surprising about any of this. 5’8 wingers that aren’t blazing fast don’t get picked in the first round almost ever. They are usually lucky to be 2nd or 3rd round picks. The good thing for this kid is that he’s a good junior hockey player and his strong play for a few years now gives him a good shot at getting drafted. From there, he’ll have to work his way up, but if he’s as good as his play in the Q suggests, he should be able to do that.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Nothing wrong with his skating in his OT game winner LOL
His skating is not an issue OMG

His skating does look a bit weird, but slow he is not, nor average skater,
not for his size or anything, won't be in trouble in the pro's, when it comes to skating.
- besides, when he grows up, develops his body, his skating gets stronger as well

Connor McDavid has made hockey fans confused in,
who are good, great skaters and who are not LOL,
no one is good as McJesus, fans really need to lower their standards
back to normal.

---

Beauty cross the ice feed by Dumais

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I got to watch him last night and I can see that for a 5’8” player, skating will be a concern at the next level.

Different of an opinion i guess.
We all see players differently and asses them as well.

I'll respect your opinion and i'll wait and see, when he plays in the NHL his 1st game.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Different of an opinion i guess.
We all see players differently and asses them as well.

I'll respect your opinion and i'll wait and see, when he plays in the NHL his 1st game.
I think you have the opinion that guys are coming in here and hating on Dumais. Which isn’t the case, at all. They’re simply evaluating a prospect and pointing out the things of his game that he can either work on or things that may hold him back once he reaches the next level. It’s something that NHL teams do with every prospect you have come across and I guarantee that they hold the same reservation’s with Dumais.
There is more to prospect evaluation than the stat sheet - I have found you have the tendency to just look at stat sheets more often than not, which is fine but it doesn’t tell the whole story.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Fully expect him to be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round just because of the skating and size combo. If I had to be honest though, I think he has more skill and offensive hockey sense than Shane Wright or Matthew Savoie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad