RW Jack Quinn - Ottawa 67’s, OHL (2020, 8th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I like Quinn a lot, and as I've said elsewhere, feel his upside might be higher than Rossi's, but he is not "Big", as per button's comment above. He isn't shy and goes hard to the net to score grinder goals (lots of tips), but doesn't play "big" . A strange comment by Button.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Quinn a lot, and as I've said elsewhere, feel his upside might be higher than Rossi's, but he is not "Big", as per button's comment above. He isn't shy and goes hard to the net to score grinder goals (lots of tips), but doesn't play "big" . A strange comment by Button.
Agreed that was alot of misinformation. He plays hard but by no means is he big.

Craig Button (I know how much you folks love him), on TSN:

He must mean this year in the OHL for the goal totals.

Stylistically if he hits his absolute peak think Pasternak.

Reactions: Dominance

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Maybe he meant "big moments"?

Because hes had aine timely goals but he really isnt a big player in terms of size or physicality

Reactions: Tkachuckycheese

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Funny, I'm not sure what his pure slapper is like although I've seen plenty of one-timers from the intermediate areas. He tends to forego the slap shot from far out opportunities given his strength is navigating his way in close and challenging defenders. Great shot and release in closer, where he typically finds himself with the puck. Scores in a ton of different ways, his wrister from the slot is excellent in terms of location and release - pace seems good, but not 100% sure on the power.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
So what about his size? Based on his EP profile, he’s 5’11. But sounds (not only Button comments) like he’s already 6’0-6’1. Where is true?
And which type of goal scorer he is? Arsenal of lethal shots or he uses his mix sense of goal and rebound/deflection abilities?

Spacehabs

Mar 3, 2020
Holloway or Quinn?
Depends on your team need I guess but for me Holloway is a much complete player with his physics abilities. Time will tell but I can see Quinn becoming or a top 6 foward or a AHL star. When Holloway at very least can play on a top 9 and complement 2 skills players on a line.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Depends on your team need I guess but for me Holloway is a much complete player with his physics abilities. Time will tell but I can see Quinn becoming or a top 6 foward or a AHL star. When Holloway at very least can play on a top 9 and complement 2 skills players on a line.
Holloway has a higher floor, Quinn has a higher ceiling. Overall I'd take Quinn.

Reactions: Dominance

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
So what about his size? Based on his EP profile, he’s 5’11. But sounds (not only Button comments) like he’s already 6’0-6’1. Where is true?
And which type of goal scorer he is? Arsenal of lethal shots or he uses his mix sense of goal and rebound/deflection abilities?
if his EP profile says 5'11" he's probably closer to 5'9" IRL

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Goal scorer with a great shot and scores in a variety of ways. Also a good two-way player and good on the PK. Definitely a top 15 pick and could be top 10.

If you wanna know like really wanna know if he is a natural goal scorer watch at the 5 minute mark. You cannot teach that.

Reactions: d rake

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bad take.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
No just not a coward who goes on to the internet under a fake alias and makes up ridiculous things.
You’re coming on a little strong. I think he was just making a general observation that EP heights are exaggerated, which is certainly true to some extent with young players in particular.

That said, Quinn is at least 6’0” right now, I’d guess. Size is and will not be an issue.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You’re coming on a little strong. I think he was just making a general observation that EP heights are exaggerated, which is certainly true to some extent with young players in particular.

That said, Quinn is at least 6’0” right now, I’d guess. Size is and will not be an issue.

Just responding to the value of etiquette that was presented to me. Agreed on your assesment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad