RW Jack Quinn - Ottawa 67’s, OHL (2020, 8th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
What's going on with this guy in the playoffs? Only 2 pts in 8 games after such a dominant season. Is he injured? On the other end of the spectrum, Peterka hasn't slowed down one bit. (haven't seen any playoff games, only looking at boxscores)
He was mauled and mugged for the first two series, and I think he was nursing a minor injury as well. He has been relatively invisible, I hope he can play a little better over the next 3-4 games

Reactions: slumpy43

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
What's going on with this guy in the playoffs? Only 2 pts in 8 games after such a dominant season. Is he injured? On the other end of the spectrum, Peterka hasn't slowed down one bit. (haven't seen any playoff games, only looking at boxscores)
Could be injured but Belleville and Utica have been clearly targeting him physically and defensively, which has opened the ice up more for Peterka and Ruotsolainen.

He’s been getting some good chances the last 3 games which is progress, although I admit I stopped watching midway thru tonight bc I can’t stand Dell. Guy belong in the ECHL at best.

Reactions: slumpy43

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
He has played pretty well outside of his very first 2 games then he sat out not necessarily because he was awful but the team is too deep at forward. Playing on the 4th line for a few games and finally getting some tip with the bigger guys has helped a lot. Honestly has played some of the best defensive game i've seen from young Sabres winger in a long time.

Reactions: dire wolf

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
He has played pretty well outside of his very first 2 games then he sat out not necessarily because he was awful but the team is too deep at forward. Playing on the 4th line for a few games and finally getting some tip with the bigger guys has helped a lot. Honestly has played some of the best defensive game i've seen from young Sabres winger in a long time.

Agreed, I've liked Quinn's play in the last couple of games. You can tell that although he has that offensive talent going on for him, that he also shows a great commitment to playing a two-way game.

Honestly, the last Sabres rookie that played with that level of attention to detail is probably Girgensons a couple years back, offensive talent difference notwithstanding.

So yeah, loved his play in the AHL last year, and although the season is still very young, I like his progression this year each game in the NHL too. All-in-all, Quinn should be a good one for you guys, and I wish him the best in his career.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
c
Agreed, I've liked Quinn's play in the last couple of games. You can tell that although he has that offensive talent going on for him, that he also shows a great commitment to playing a two-way game.

Honestly, the last Sabres rookie that played with that level of attention to detail is probably Girgensons a couple years back, offensive talent difference notwithstanding.

So yeah, loved his play in the AHL last year, and although the season is still very young, I like his progression this year each game in the NHL too. All-in-all, Quinn should be a good one for you guys, and I wish him the best in his career.

I love his detail work off the puck. For someone with so few pro games and only 21 years old, it shows so much promise. Then add in what he does well - the shot, the ability to find or create space for his shot, his passing touch, and his fearlessness when it comes to contact? He's such a fun player to watch grow.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
The difference between the hesitant, almost reluctant, player we saw in his first couple of games this season and the confident, fully engaged player we now see, only a couple of weeks later, is remarkable.

It's as if he had to first convince himself that he truly belonged, before allowing his full game to emerge.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Stud, and now he finds his goals.

FiQGowIWQAw9pZn.png

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Quinn is going to be a good one. Thought it was stupid how much people hated on the pick when it happened because people just look at stats.
Even if you did the context behind the numbers show that Quinn's success was independent from rossi either way though showing the trend of adjusting then dominating, he's starting to adjust and hasn't begun dominating...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad