RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
How has his play been at even strength so far? Just wondering if his size will be an issue this year. Extremely skilled, but is he able to create time and space for himself against NHL players?

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
This kid is fun to watch, I really like him. Which is good for Canucks fans because their prospects have looked incredibly uninspiring this preseason compared to everyone else I've watched. It's Pettersson and Boeser VS the world.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Pettersson has made the team now right? No way he starts in ahl with 5p in 3 games. 9p in 5 games if you count prospect games.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
This kid is fun to watch, I really like him. Which is good for Canucks fans because their prospects have looked incredibly uninspiring this preseason compared to everyone else I've watched. It's Pettersson and Boeser VS the world.
Horvat as well, he's actually been our best player of the pre-season, looks incredible out there.

Other than that, yeah. All of our young guys need some time in the A. Most of them are 20 and are just leaving junior/Europe so it's understandable. It is something we expected.

Gaudette and Palmu looking the most polished and ready, but there probably won't be room unless we waive one or two of our useless players anyway (i.e. Gagner, Granlund, Gaunce)

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
There would be an uprising in Vancouver if they tried to send him down.

The kid is the best player on the Canucks, of course he's making the team. Overall, he's better than Boeser, who is a straight gunner, but doesn't have all the weapons Pettersson does. So far, every preseason game I've watched that Pettersson has played in, he's been the best player on the ice for the Canucks, or at the top. He's impressive.

Reactions: Tv9924

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
This kid does something interesting pretty much every time he plays, doesn't he?

Pretty close;

I mentioned his zone entries being amazing against calgary and it showed.
Also shout out to Palmu.
9.22.2018-Zone-Entries-.png

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Yeah, this is not just Canucks fans overhyping him: he really is the best offensive player on the team. I guess that isn't too, too surprising, given the quality of the roster, but it's also all the other things he's doing that make it so that he's not just a talented kid pulling off pretty dekes in preseason. He's been shockingly good in his own end, and you can see, shift by shift, how he's gradually figuring out the NHL pace and ice. Some kids you can just tell they're good but need more time or can't cut it in the NHL yet. Pettersson, however, exudes the IQ and confidence that come with a prospect exploding on to the scene and making his mark on the league.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, this is not just Canucks fans overhyping him: he really is the best offensive player on the team. I guess that isn't too, too surprising, given the quality of the roster, but it's also all the other things he's doing that make it so that he's not just a talented kid pulling off pretty dekes in preseason. He's been shockingly good in his own end, and you can see, shift by shift, how he's gradually figuring out the NHL pace and ice. Some kids you can just tell they're good but need more time or can't cut it in the NHL yet. Pettersson, however, exudes the IQ and confidence that come with a prospect exploding on to the scene and making his mark on the league.

nobody ever claimed that He's a real deal. hell of a gem you guys got there!

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
As a Swede i realy root for him this year. But i dont have big expectations. Dont think he will win calder. Dont think the calder will go to a Swede. But Dahlin and Alien will be fun to follow.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
In a couple of years he is going to be out of this world, E.P, phone home! Those reaction videos from the draft going to be classic. Look them up on YT.

Not strong enough team around him to compete for the calder, if would of been drafted later as he projected he could been in the talking. His time is coming though.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
In a couple of years he is going to be out of this world, E.P, phone home! Those reaction videos from the draft going to be classic. Look them up on YT.

Not strong enough team around him to compete for the calder, if would of been drafted later as he projected he could been in the talking. His time is coming though.
How does that make sense if Boeser was competing for the calder last year?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Will be very surprised if he doesn't win the rookie scoring title and the Calder. Very impressed by him, not just his skill, but how polished he is already.

Reactions: 42

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Here's a good managerial question.
You leave in the AHL for a season to destroy a lesser league; and to not cost you points in a meaningless NHL season (Because I feel Pettersson will at worst be a 40-50 point offensive player this year)? Bring him up near the end to just get some NHL tastings; then leverage the team next year with your 2019 top 5 pick, Quinn Hughes and Olli Juolevi at the same time?

Essentially guard the kids from a year that'll be really long and hard; and instead have that big energy with them all coming together that first season (similar to a Toronto style approach) which could set the tone for the rest of their careers?

Reactions: Grantham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad