Prospect Info: Rutger McGroarty, 2022 NHL Draft, #14 Overall

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think the playing time and PP demands are very unlikely. Remember all of the smoke and BS coming from Montreal during the PLD saga? This feels the same. I don't trust the Montreal management or the Montreal press. Chevy should lose Hughes' number if he's pulling some nonsense on this.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
If these rumors about his demands for playing time are true and I'm very skeptical it is. But if they are, than this kid should get booed in every single arena he plays in. Self-entitlement should not be rewarded and his teammates should throw his clothes in the shower at every game.

Almost tracksuit shower level...

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Rutger

I came

I demanded NHL PP time before even a signing an ELC

I went to college to play for a struggling team

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I think the playing time and PP demands are very unlikely. Remember all of the smoke and BS coming from Montreal during the PLD saga? This feels the same. I don't trust the Montreal management or the Montreal press. Chevy should lose Hughes' number if he's pulling some nonsense on this.

The demands for PP time actually clarifies a few things. Some fans were confused why teams trading for him would be "turned off" by his camp's demands as reported by Murat/McIntyre as surely any team even considering trading for him is well aware he wants to play in the NHL as a condition of signing. Therefore I wonder if demanding PP time and/or other such foolishness is what is popping up when these teams are talking to him going beyond the play me in the NHL demand an thus turning off teams.

Again not sure what the source is of these comments but I would not be surprised if this is indeed the case.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Sounds like flak from the Habs. Maybe they know they missed on McGroarty and are leaking like a sieve like they did on the PLD saga.

Would be funny if Chevy turns around and signs McGroarty and leaves Hughes and the Habs hanging again.
I think this is more likely some random blogger piggy backing off what mcintyre said then habs leaking information

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The demands for PP time actually clarifies a few things. Some fans were confused why teams trading for him would be "turned off" by his camp's demands as reported by Murat/McIntyre as surely any team even considering trading for him is well aware he wants to play in the NHL as a condition of signing. Therefore I wonder if demanding PP time and/or other such foolishness is what is popping up when these teams are talking to him going beyond the play me in the NHL demand an thus turning off teams.

Again not sure what the source is of these comments but I would not be surprised if this is indeed the case.
I'd be very surprised. I think it's a lot of smoke, and I've learned not to rely on rumours out of the Habs' ambit.

Reactions: GNP and buggs

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Sounds like flak from the Habs. Maybe they know they missed on McGroarty and are leaking like a sieve like they did on the PLD saga.

Would be funny if Chevy turns around and signs McGroarty and leaves Hughes and the Habs hanging again.

They'll just claim they weren't interested in the first place :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If these rumors about his demands for playing time are true and I'm very skeptical it is. But if they are, than this kid should get booed in every single arena he plays in. Self-entitlement should not be rewarded and his teammates should throw his clothes in the shower at every game.

Yes - IF true.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Bigfish

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012

The Habs holding their ground on Dubois was one of the smartest things they could’ve done.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
This gureenteed ice time ( and especially)power play time thing makes no sense even from a selfish point of view. Ego maniac or not , you need teammates to support you or your simply screwed as a player. This is not Basketball. Hockey is a team game. These sort of demands instantly alienates you from your teammates and creates an overt atmosphere of favoritism in the locker room. How can a captain not see this? What exactly would he preach as a captain? " Don't believe the narrative, There is indeed "i" in team? Come on..

Heck even prick attitude players are smart enough to at least try to act like your a selfless team guy. Just from a projected image standpoint.

Last edited:

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
Rutger has demanded he gets to wear number 99 :laugh:

Chevy holding his ground to the Habs crap offer was even smarter lol
Maybe. Lol Winnipeg got a great return forsure, but I think Montreal management not caving into pressure for an overrated player that would’ve hurt the team long term was a pretty smart move in a different way.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My sources are telling me he's demanded the camera is on him for minimum of 2 periods per game while he dances in the aisles and uses finishing moves such as finger gun and tornado swirl. Any previous dancer must be immediately traded.

As discussed, we all have to draw the line somewhere. My line is Dancing Gabe. If Rutger messes with him then he's gonna have to deal with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad