Recalled/Assigned: Russian savior 2.0

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Technically, it is Russian Jesus 2.0.1 as it doesn't warrant a 2.1 yet due to lack of beta testing with only 1 game played.

It'll be 2.0.1 if they hold off on the new linemates update, but if they decide to bring in that content update, I definitely think it's worth of being 2.1

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
He went down to get one more game in with the AHL or was it purely to nickel and dime his salary for a couple days?

I'd say the primary reason was so that he could play for the Wolves this weekend but I'm sure saving money and cap space was a secondary consideration as well.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
I thought he looked pretty solid out there last night, anyone else?

He definitely has some speed and makes smart plays. He had a couple smart hiccups like letting up on a play late in the game as the Jets were transitioning out of their end, but I think he has a solid NHL future. Most definitely needs to bulk up though.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
He has looked ok. But, let's remember that this is just his first few games. I expect we could some drop off in energy in a few games when he gets more comfortable. Hopefully not though.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
He has looked ok. But, let's remember that this is just his first few games. I expect we could some drop off in energy in a few games when he gets more comfortable. Hopefully not though.

I sure hope not. He just his coach fired for crying out loud! :laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
He did play last night.... Right? :huh:

In 9:36 of ice time he won 80% of his draws, had 3 hits, and a shot on goal. He was fairly noticeable last night honestly. I'm not sure what more you expect out of him in the role he's playing on the team currently.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
In 9:36 of ice time he won 80% of his draws, had 3 hits, and a shot on goal. He was fairly noticeable last night honestly. I'm not sure what more you expect out of him in the role he's playing on the team currently.

Woah woah woah. Easy there.

I wasn't bashing him and honestly, I didn't watch the 3rd period because I have to get up super early for my job. I know he is doing fine, just getting impatient for him to show up on the score-sheet. Maybe he can get a few tomorrow hopefully.

Honestly though, through the 1st and 2nd period Yakupov was more noticeable to me. Just being honest. I have no doubt Barb will be a good player though.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Woah woah woah. Easy there.

I wasn't bashing him and honestly, I didn't watch the 3rd period because I have to get up super early for my job. I know he is doing fine, just getting impatient for him to show up on the score-sheet. Maybe he can get a few tomorrow hopefully.

Honestly though, through the 1st and 2nd period Yakupov was more noticeable to me. Just being honest. I have no doubt Barb will be a good player though.

He's playing on the 4th line with Upshall and Reaves, I highly doubt he's going to carry them into putting points up all the time.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
He's playing on the 4th line with Upshall and Reaves, I highly doubt he's going to carry them into putting points up all the time.

No doubt. But that's where people were saying he should be playing like what the Blues did with Schwartz. So we should expect nothing from a guy we called up who has been getting a ton of points in the AHL?

I don't think its absurd or anything to expect a couple points even playing on the 4th line.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
No doubt. But that's where people were saying he should be playing like what the Blues did with Schwartz. So we should expect nothing from a guy we called up who has been getting a ton of points in the AHL?

I don't think its absurd or anything to expect a couple points even playing on the 4th line.

In 3 games? Schwartz was also playing with Berglund and Langenbrunner in his first game and scored on the PP. Ivan is not getting nearly that much of an opportunity at the moment.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
In 3 games? Schwartz was also playing with Berglund and Langenbrunner in his first game and scored on the PP. Ivan is not getting nearly that much of an opportunity at the moment.

They way he is talked about and his stats... yeah, in three games I thought he would have a point. Sue me.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Wish we could see how he does on the 3rd line, but i wouldnt touch the pairings from last night after what they did.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
They way he is talked about and his stats... yeah, in three games I thought he would have a point. Sue me.

Who is hyping him? Most people seem to think he is an intriguing prospect with middle 6 upside but still needs some time to develop. I don't think anyone has said anything, other than in jest, that would lead someone to expect much by way of points. Upshall averages a point every 5 games, Reaves less than that and Barbashev is getting even less TOI than they do. Expecting a couple of points in a 3 game span playing with those guys is asking a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad