GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 2 09/25/24 | STL @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He seems to be past that point in my opinion.

My development philosophy is that you put prospects in the AHL largely so they can develop in a situation where they're not the worst players on the ice, or where they are slightly better than most of the players around them. They'll get more touches and more confidence that way. Mateychuk looks like he's already going to have those advantages in the NHL with the puck on his stick, and possibly be one of our better players right now. Am I crazy for thinking Mateychuk is already at that point?

Werenski - Mateychuk
Provorov - Severson
Harris/Christiansen - Gudbranson
#7:Harris/Christiansen
#8:JJ

Injuries will come soon, don't worry.
Can Mateychuk play on RS? It is important.
See how in other games but he looked better than Jiříček.
Or maybe:

Werenski, Severson
Provorov, Harris
Christiansen, Gudbranson

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yes. He's done it many times.

Vogelhuber was just praising how well Mateychuk played on the right side for Cleveland in the playoffs.
That's great. So, if we remember how Werenski and Boqvist had great chemistry I think Mateychuk will able to play with Zach so good minimum too. Hmm, but what with Jiříček in that case. Harris and Christiansen cannot be send to the AHL without waiver. But after the last season I am not sure Jiříček would want to return to Cleveland.

Reactions: majormajor

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
to be fair to the 'organization' (meaning the new guy in charge of hockey ops + new coach, in this instance), they inherited a relationship that the previous two guys (a GM who didn't communicate clearly to the player, and a coach who refused to use him) had utterly soured.

This is an important point. We have multiple guys who the new regime needs to repair relationships with. Do we have a few petulant jerks on the roster or do we have some reasonable people who were jerked around or misled or whatever by the previous group? I don’t know the answer, but the Wad and font office executive wunderkind Rick Nash better figure that out quickly.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's great. So, if we remember how Werenski and Boqvist had great chemistry I think Mateychuk will able to play with Zach so good minimum too. Hmm, but what with Jiříček in that case. Harris and Christiansen cannot be send to the AHL without waiver. But after the last season I am not sure Jiříček would want to return to Cleveland.

Jiricek won't be happy about getting sent back, I'm sure. The question is whether that attitude should have any effect on the club's decisions.

Reactions: VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Jiricek won't be happy about getting sent back, I'm sure. The question is whether that attitude should have any effect on the club's decisions.
Jiříček can ask for a trade. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised, although if they send him to Cleveland, I hope he would have enough sense to go there and work on fixing his weaknesses.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jiříček can ask for a trade. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised, although if they send him to Cleveland, I hope he would have enough sense to go there and work on fixing his weaknesses.

Of course he and his agent can make demands. I'm saying that a smart organization isn't going to be swayed by that. Trade requests are very common across the league. They're more likely to become public if the agent thinks that the org can be manipulated. You have to be tough about this sort of thing or you'll just get walked over.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jiricek looked good on a badly outmatched lineup against Buffalo . He will be in the top 4 . Mateychuk is definitely one of our top 4 defenseman , right now … I think he’s going to make it hard on Don to send him down , when clearly that was the plan coming into camp .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad