Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ballsy, but could be a good paycheque in three years if he finds his game in any meaningful way. Three years from now Kopitar and Danault's contracts end.
I guess and I know he hasn't done much, but taking a 3 year deal at the minimum as a former 5th overall pick, seems like a by low on himself.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I guess and I know he hasn't done much, but taking a 3 year deal at the minimum as a former 5th overall pick, seems like a by low on himself.
Most definitely is. But the timing might let him skip that 'show me' deal that slows up a lot of careers. It looks like he's confident enough that he'll be able to find a role.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I don't disagree, but signing 3 years at league minimum is strange is my point.
3 years at league minimum seems a bit long, but on the flipside he could also get a 1 year deal then find himself in Europe by year 2. For instance, Vitaly Kravtsov who was a top 10 pick the year before, has likely played his last NHL game at the same age. Similar story for Olli Juolevi, Michael Dal Colle, and a pair of PTSD inducing top 4 picks from the 2012 draft. At least this keeps him in the NHL for the next 3 years, or at least on NHL teams' radars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad