Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I doubt Utah takes Campbell to play him but they could still be part of the equation. They have an insane amount of cap space an an owner who is willing to spend. They have $43M+ in cap space right now plus another $7.8M in LTIR space if needed. They also need NHL defensemen.

To Utah: Cambell $2.5M retained, Ceci, +

Utah buys out Campbell. Thats $4.5M in real money over 6 years and each team carries the following in dead cap:

24-25 $550K
25-26 $1.15M
26-27 $1.3M
27-28 $750K
28-29 $750K
29-30 $750K

I don't think the plus would have to be all that much at 50% retention. It maay even be possible to get them to take him at say 30% retention if they up the plus.
Wouldn’t the plus be downgraded if Utah reduces their retention from 50% to 30%?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Seems, kinda strange. Is Chicago planning to trade further up or are they really looking at someone at 18?

Though on the first look I thought they were getting 18th overall and a 4th, the deal looks decent actually.

That’s usually the type of deal you see on the draft floor as we approach those picks. Interesting.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I can't see them moving Kulak. He is what they hope Broberg becomes. They will find other ways to trim the payroll.
Maybe trade him to a bottom feeder team in the offseason to see what we got in Broberg and to free up cap.. trade for him at deadline for another cup run (with retention)

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I doubt Utah takes Campbell to play him but they could still be part of the equation. They have an insane amount of cap space an an owner who is willing to spend. They have $43M+ in cap space right now plus another $7.8M in LTIR space if needed. They also need NHL defensemen.

To Utah: Cambell $2.5M retained, Ceci, +

Utah buys out Campbell. Thats $4.5M in real money over 6 years and each team carries the following in dead cap:

24-25 $550K
25-26 $1.15M
26-27 $1.3M
27-28 $750K
28-29 $750K
29-30 $750K

I don't think the plus would have to be all that much at 50% retention. It maay even be possible to get them to take him at say 30% retention if they up the plus.
Very interesting. Get on the phone with Utah

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Holloway has so far this playoffs proven that he belongs with Draisaitl.

There has been A LOT to like about the Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane line. Holloway may just be the budget-friendly player we needed to break through to aid our cap issues next season.

I think you try and resign Henrique, if he is willing, as a responsible player to mix in and out of the top 6/9.
I wonder what a Henrique contract looks like. 34 year old, very consistent player with great utility all over the lineup. Maybe $3.5-4m x 2-3 years?

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Controversial take but after avs buy out nichuskin I say we jump on that like Kane. He probably the player most involved in the community after Connor and Leon.

Edmonton has been a second chances place since the 80s with Messier Fuhr and Co making mistakes.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Controversial take but after avs buy out nichuskin I say we jump on that like Kane. He probably the player most involved in the community after Connor and Leon.

Edmonton has been a second chances place since the 80s with Messier Fuhr and Co making mistakes.
Assuming he's not still deep in his issues. Kane had a lot going on, but it felt like a lot from the organization as well, I think Nuchuskin likely goes back to Russia, because less rules?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

No thanks. He nuked the locker room in the middle of a playoff run 2 years in a row.

The Avs apparently want to keep him around anyways.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If the rumors of Holland landing in Columbus are true, that man LOVES his own former players. Nurse for Columbus's first rounder, because "You can't squeeze people in this league".
I mean, sincerely not for nothing, Nurse would help the Jackets play Werenski less minutes 5 on 5 and on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad