Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Thats not what the Sharks did with Evander Kane though.
Well it was eventually terminated and they agreed on an amount to pay him out. Edmonton was able to pick him up cheap on a "show me" contract. He was phenomenal Vs the flames his first year.

Very good chance could happen again.

Hmm he's interim yet they're doing a search for a perm gm. I hope Jackson gets a modern 21st century gm that can find value contracts with the use of analytics.

Our top players are not the issue with the bottom players and over paying several of them.

Reactions: ManOfSteelI

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Well it was eventually terminated and they agreed on an amount to pay him out. Edmonton was able to pick him up cheap on a "show me" contract. He was phenomenal Vs the flames his first year.

Very good chance could happen again.

Hmm he's interim yet they're doing a search for a perm gm. I hope Jackson gets a modern 21st century gm that can find value contracts with the use of analytics.

Our top players are not the issue with the bottom players and over paying several of them.
The Sharks terminated it after his NHL suspension was lifted. Which they legally couldn't and had to come to an agreement. Perry's was terminated this year and then Chicago had to settle too. Players union is strong.

Reactions: PBandJ

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If the rumors of Holland landing in Columbus are true, that man LOVES his own former players. Nurse for Columbus's first rounder, because "You can't squeeze people in this league".
Would we do Nurse for Gaudreau +1st?
Would they?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Whoever the new GM is will have to find Nurse a new partner to play with next season.

One of Carrier/Walker/Pesce/Roy/Tanev/Montour/DeMelo would be nice.
I will add another name to the list... Zadorov, Nikita

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Whoever the new GM is will have to find Nurse a new partner to play with next season.

One of Carrier/Walker/Pesce/Roy/Tanev/Montour/DeMelo would be nice.
Nurse looked his best with Bear and Barrie. Find him a Dman that is respectable defensively and can make a good pass out of the Dzone.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just watched the Hollland presser from a couple days ago. He credits Jim Nill with running the drafts for Detroit that got Datsyuk and Zetterberg. When Holland was first hired, I was hopeful he’d find us some hidden euro gems. But now I realize that guys like Haas, Jurco, and Nygard were never going to happen.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Just watched the Hollland presser from a couple days ago. He credits Jim Nill with running the drafts for Detroit that got Datsyuk and Zetterberg. When Holland was first hired, I was hopeful he’d find us some hidden euro gems. But now I realize that guys like Haas, Jurco, and Nygard were never going to happen.
Hakan Andersson didn't come over with Holland to Edmonton, so that was never going to happen.

Reactions: brentashton

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Umm Stecher??
He’d definitely be cheap to sign. Maybe a cheap 1-year deal and upgrade at the deadline if needed? Move Ceci and Kulak for cap savings.

Ekholm (6.0) - Bouchard (3.9)
Nurse (9.25) - Stecher (1.3)
Broberg (1.0) - Desharnais (1.5)

Not top end, but if another good Dman could be added to rotate in/out of the lineup as needed, might be good enough until later in the season when there’s more room to add a top 4 guy.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hakan Andersson didn't come over with Holland to Edmonton, so that was never going to happen.
Him, Mark Leech, Joe McDonnel and one other guy, that was part of Detroits scouting staff all left with Nill to Dallas,

When we hired Holland we thought we was importing Detroit scouting. But that left to Dallas a long time ago.

Reactions: foshizzle

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Him, Mark Leech, Joe McDonnel and one other guy, that was part of Detroits scouting staff all left with Nill to Dallas,

When we hired Holland we thought we was importing Detroit scouting. But that left to Dallas a long time ago.
Hakan Andersson is their director of european scouting, and has largely been credited with almost all their picks from that continent over the last 3 decades(Datsyk, Zetterberg etc). Hard to say why he's giving the credit to Nill now considering almost everyone cites Andersson as the catalyst for those picks. Not that bringing in Holland would have brought in Detroit's scouting anyways, since Holland has said he delegates it to the scouts since it's their job and he mostly stays out of their way.

The Oilers did import their director of amateur scouting in Wright I guess, but he was already underwhelming at his job in Detroit and probably would have been one of Yzerman's first firings anyways.

Reactions: foshizzle

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hakan Andersson is their director of european scouting, and has largely been credited with almost all their picks from that continent over the last 3 decades(Datsyk, Zetterberg etc). Hard to say why he's giving the credit to Nill now considering almost everyone cites Andersson as the catalyst for those picks. Not that bringing in Holland would have brought in Detroit's scouting anyways, since Holland has said he delegates it to the scouts since it's their job and he mostly stays out of their way.

The Oilers did import their director of amateur scouting in Wright I guess, but he was already underwhelming at his job in Detroit and probably would have been one of Yzerman's first firings anyways.
We’ll probably cause Nill oversaw the Drafting. So Hakan and staff may have done the scouting, but someone had to put together all the information and still make the right calls at the draft table. They worked as a team, and essentially all left with Nill to Dallas.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
We just have to accept that Nurse isn’t going anywhere as long as Mcdavid is here. I think Nurse will have a big bounce back season next year.
Imagine nurse with a guy like pesce.

He’d definitely be cheap to sign. Maybe a cheap 1-year deal and upgrade at the deadline if needed? Move Ceci and Kulak for cap savings.

Ekholm (6.0) - Bouchard (3.9)
Nurse (9.25) - Stecher (1.3)
Broberg (1.0) - Desharnais (1.5)

Not top end, but if another good Dman could be added to rotate in/out of the lineup as needed, might be good enough until later in the season when there’s more room to add a top 4 guy.
Agreed the money saved on ceci and kulak for a stud rhd to pair with nurse.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not a chance. He's the flashy name in your head right now due to recency bias, but he isn't a top 4 D man. He's going to get overpaid this summer, I have no doubt.
He averaged close to 20mins without PP time and seems to be as good if not better than both Ceci and Desharnais.

He also doesn't seem to mind playing in Canada or the western conference. Based on the handshakes he probably now has respect of this team and can see himself winning here.

But yeh, money needs to work , ie him not making more than Ceci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad