Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Klefbom Playing 21-22 is "very, very slim" | Holland Presser Fallout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I admit this... Stauffer was preparing us for the Keith trade so he KNEW that we weren't retaining. So, I take back what I said about him. Now, he talks a lot about both Hall and Hyman.

So, I wonder if he knows something about both

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I admit this... Stauffer was preparing us for the Keith trade so he KNEW that we weren't retaining. So, I take back what I said about him. Now, he talks a lot about both Hall and Hyman.

What has he said about Hall?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

In hindsight it reallly seemed like he was prepping our anuses for the Keith trade lol. He is talking Hall and Hyman though, but I’m a bit worried that he seems to be pushing more Hyman than Hall though. But that could be cause he knows Hall is a lock and doesn’t want to come off as too obvious about it. Hopefully that’s the case.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
In hindsight it reallly seemed like he was prepping our anuses for the Keith trade lol. He is talking Hall and Hyman though, but I’m a bit worried that he seems to be pushing more Hyman than Hall though. But that could be cause he knows Hall is a lock and doesn’t want to come off as too obvious about it. Hopefully that’s the case.

I have a gut feeling it's both. With Hall, there has been a lot of smoke ever since Gazzola talked about it. Ever since then, it's gotten more and more smokey.

That was a terrible way for me to explain it lol

Reactions: Proko88

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wouldn’t discount him having a bit of a bounce back with what you’ve noted in mind (bad luck, injuries etc). Not a big fan of the player but I could see him being a decent top 9 winger with a strong defensive centre. He was misused last year
Yeh. I mean look at Pulju bottom 6 versus top 6. I wonder if we would be so high on Pulju if he was bottom 6 all last year. Hopefully we can get Hall to drive the 3rd line, and Turris can stay bottom 6 but still have some talent to pass the puck to.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Evolving hockey have him pegged as a 2.759 aav. Seems a bit low but I would love to add him at that price. This is assuming Larsson walks.
Their projections are kind of out to lunch. They had Nuge at 8mill if he signed for 8 years.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

I've sent him text messages to his show saying Taylor Hall etc and he always just ignores it. I send it like 5 times a day :laugh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have a gut feeling it's both. With Hall, there has been a lot of smoke ever since Gazzola talked about it. Ever since then, it's gotten more and more smokey.

That was a terrible way for me to explain it lol
So much smoke around Hall. And things looking less concrete over in Boston. Hope it happens.

I never really considered it a possibility we could get both though…. But then that super secret rumour that went around yesterday and I’m a sucker for rumors so now I’m hoping it’s possible.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I've sent him text messages to his show saying Taylor Hall etc and he always just ignores it. I send it like 5 times a day :laugh:
Lollll really? I always wanted to text in. He seems to go to his regulars though. Maybe change your username or handle to one of the many old ass bands that Bob mentions and likes. I bet that gets your text read.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So much smoke around Hall. And things looking less concrete over in Boston. Hope it happens.

I never really considered it a possibility we could get both though…. But then that super secret rumour that went around yesterday and I’m a sucker for rumors so now I’m hoping it’s possible.

Hall wants more security. Boston isn't providing that to him. I'm pretty sure we could

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Stauffer's segment with Spector today:
Spector: mentions he thinks whoever the Oilers sign as a top 6 winger will be at least minimum 5 years.
Stauffer: Maybe Taylor Hall ultimately signs with the bruins, maybe Hyman signs with the leafs. Spector doesn't think it (I'm guessing Hyman) is gonna happen.
Stauffer: If they're both available at a 6x6, who would Spector choose?
Spector: In order for the Oilers to have success now, he personally chosed Hyman.
Stauffer: elutes to both players career high points, Hyman being on the radar for Team Canada. But also has the time for Hyman.
Spector: People won't like the cap or term for Hyman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad