Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
@duul
tenor.gif

ILin5rY.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This was obvious considering the Hyman rumours.

Oilers burned Halls ass and he doesn't wanna come back, it is what it is. Lets move on.

Or Boston is an attractive location for him too, you guys act like he must hate Edmonton if he chooses any other city. The Oilers would be one of the teams he wants to play for, it doesn't mean it's no.1.

He wants a lower key situation, in Boston the Bruins are not the no.1 story every story, the Red Sox are then the Patriots then the Celtics, then come the Bruins in 4th place.

If he came to Edmonton there would be a ton of pressure on him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's overstated.

You have Barrie sign here, Keith wanting to come (like him or not he is a big ticket name player who has played all of his career in Chicago, he easily could have said Vancouver or Seattle or bust), RNH commit long term here ... but because Larsson goes elsewhere people turn into drama queens.
Considering a longer time frame is it really that overstated? Larsson is not our first rodeo. Almost every off-season when we see who does sign as opposed to who was available points to a severe lack of attractiveness as a destination as we are left with league cast-offs, scraps, and/or no-name euro players. McDavid has helped a bit in the regard, with the signings you mentioned, I still think it's a very real detriment to this team's success. But here's a new off-season, a couple bullets have already been fired, and McDavid just hit another level. I will be interested to see who we get from the UFA pile, but I can tell you I'm not expecting much home-runs here.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I genuinely wonder if Holland trading for Keith and protecting him rather than signing Larsson and protecting him first had any impact on Adam’s decision to leave. That would be a slap in the face imo.
Larson didn't sign the offers he was given. Larson chose to wait. Holland needed insurance so grabbed Keith. If anything it should have helped as Larson would be playing with Keith and not some rookie or Russell.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
How is that a slap in the face? They don't even play the same side of the ice...not like Keith was gonna push Larsson down to 3rd pair.
The GM prioritized bringing in another player and protecting him over protecting a guy that’s been here for years and should’ve been signed first and trade for Keith post expansion.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Hello People, Loooong time lurker first time posting.

While I'm not as "the sky is falling" as others I am very worried about this offseason. We are wasting McD's prime, and while I don't believe he is the type of person to ask to be let out ( although I suppose everyone has a breaking point). I'm not totally against Hyman as he does check a lot of boxes - just as long as Holland doesn't completely over pay him I'm ok with it. I do expect a small overpay as it seems to stigmata to get anyone to sign here.

Losing Larrson hurts. Theres no sugar coating it. I won't cast any shade on Holland - yet. I'll wait and see if he can do anything this offseason.

How many of us wish we didnt have Nicholson still around... this old boys club just sucks...

Welcome! Enjoy the ride, the negativity and positivity. I certainly have :thumbu:

Reactions: Cagey B

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Considering a longer time frame is it really that overstated? Larsson is not our first rodeo. Almost every off-season when we see who does sign as opposed to who was available points to a severe lack of attractiveness as a destination as we are left with league cast-offs, scraps, and/or no-name euro players. McDavid has helped a bit in the regard, with the signings you mentioned, I still think it's a very real detriment to this team's success. But here's a new off-season, a couple bullets have already been fired, and McDavid just hit another level. I will be interested to see who we get from the UFA pile, but I can tell you I'm not expecting much home-runs here.

What is this magical market are you dreaming of where UFAs sign for dirt cheap?

New York just got taken to the cleaners to sign Goodrow to a riduclous 3.6 million x 5 year contract, it makes the Kassian contract look decent.

Toronto had Captain Pajamas "come home" at a ridiculous price of $11 million dollars (home town discount my ass, if San Jose was willing to pay more than this they are morons).

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Larson didn't sign the offers he was given. Larson chose to wait. Holland needed insurance so grabbed Keith. If anything it should have helped as Larson would be playing with Keith and not some rookie or Russell.
It was just a thought, just trying to figure out why he would leave. I’m not saying bringing in Keith was the direct reason but maybe being treated as a second priority rubbed him the wrong way? No idea, probably reading too much into this because he was a guy I wanted us to bring back.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He is not Larsson, he's Larsson two and a half years older. He was better than Larsson in his 20s.

But is Larsson worth 3x+ the cost and worth signing into his 30s?
If our D falls apart this year, we will know. Guys like Staples are extremely high on Lars and do some pretty in-depth analysis. I appreciate his defence, but I always thought his puck-moving was complete shit. And I always put a high priority on puck movement from the back end cause we never had it. Montreal's playoff success and the glaring mistakes our D have committed in the last two postseasons now is quickly changing how I value Larsson though, its going up and we lost him.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
It's funny how how our supposed 2nd pair of Keith - Larsson was laughed at by HF/Twitter, but somehow the Kraken 1st pair of Gio - Larsson is a stellar move.
some of the stuff I've been reading is so contradictory.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
The GM prioritized bringing in another player and protecting him over protecting a guy that’s been here for years and should’ve been signed first and trade for Keith post expansion.

Why would you waste a protection spot on a UFA? That's just dumb....there was only like 2 players that were UFA's that were protected, and Grubauer was one of them i believe. Landeskog wasn't protected, neither were Ovie or Hall.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Ugh, broken record. You can't sign a player who doesn't want to sign with you. We can all speculate on the reasons. Now that Larsson left I'm glad Keith is here.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I get wanting the eighth year to keep the cap hit down, but Holland has already traded a buttload of picks in two years here. This summer isn't going exactly how I envisioned it. =\

The only way that happens is if Toronto signs Hyman to the deal and ships him out. Oilers can only max him at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium