Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think Ceci will likely get moved. I agree that there's no shot Nurse is getting moved. I'd rather give him next season to see if he can figure it out. Lots of good defencemen have one year where you're asking yourself what the hell happened to that guy, and then they bounce back. I know I know, many of you think Nurse has sucked for years, but statistically he hasn't. If he get's back to what he was the season before last, no one will be complaining about him.
It’s probably smart to try and find someone who can prop Nurse up so he’s easier to trade. But with no cap space I guess we’re expecting Broberg to prop up the pairing. Doesn’t seem like a good plan.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Jeannot is a guy I mentioned I felt could be a good fit for us for playoff games ... Instead he goes to someone in our division 😔
In my opinion, we MUST find a way to get more abrasive and stronger for playoff hockey ... The Canuck and Panther series showed that.
I'm not talking about a fighters but players that lean into physicality not glide past it ....
He's not great

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
It’s probably smart to try and find someone who can prop Nurse up so he’s easier to trade. But with no cap space I guess we’re expecting Broberg to prop up the pairing. Doesn’t seem like a good plan.
Having a rookie play his off side to make Nurse look better is such an Oilers thing to do. The next step- blame Broberg for failing.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Lol are we suppose to trade every single pick man? We can't just have a barren prospect pool Look at how Tampa works their team and their prospects. They don't leave it barren. Some of their most important players in the playoffs came from drafting
Idk I just see this as a pivotal off season. They have to improve the roster. Prospects are super important but the next 2 years are monumentally important and I doubt these kids will do anything in 2 years.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Having a rookie play his off side to make Nurse look better is such an Oilers thing to do. The next step- blame Broberg for failing.

If the pair struggles, wait for the Spector articles pointing out every time Broberg passed up or dodged a check. Defending Nurse is becoming a hobby for some Oilers media stooges.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Idk I just see this as a pivotal off season. They have to improve the roster. Prospects are super important but the next 2 years are monumentally important and I doubt these kids will do anything in 2 years.
I agree on that but you also have to remember that we need to have good players available down the line in like 3-4 years as well

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If by some chance we are moving Kane we really need to get some toughness on this team to deal with clowns like Zadorov and Bennett running around. Guys that will crush their top players and then beat their asses when they try to get froggy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay