Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Yeah, he's not going to get moved so the only option is the deal with it by getting him a better partner. His NMC is full until 2027.

The reality is they aren't going to move a 9.5m dman on a down season with a full NMC. That's the reality and anything else is pure fantasy.
Then the Oilers have to say bye to Bouchard. Can’t have 2 D men making 20M with one of them being Nurse.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Nurse is less of a problem if he's given an appropriate D partner (good passing puck mover). Ceci is ass.
How come he’s an absolute tire fire with Bouchard? He also only played well with Barrie during the weird Covid season, chemistry was completely gone after that.

At a certain point you have to admit it’s not his partners. Guy should be good no matter who he plays with.

Reactions: Jarvi and foshizzle

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
To be fair, it's easier to dump players that people actually want than Campbell and Nurse.

That's the secret I guess. Only giving big deals to player that actually deserve it. Some teams keep finding ways to fill out their roster. Some teams marry players and get hung up on dreams of what they could be that no one else in the league shares, and throws huge wads of gamble money at UFAs

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So I guess we should have traded Nurse, Campbell, Kane and Ceci around Game 4 in the SCF? Seriously, we have a couple of days and we will see what is to be done. Keep your panties on.
It gets harder as the draft goes. The picks during the draft seem to be at their highest value. That said,

Campbell will be bought out, Nurse, Ceci and Kane are staying. They have zero interest in moving those guys with how much McDrai like them. Kane is a maybe cause I could see him wanting out. The other 3? No chance.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Some people need to start putting logic before emotion. We are not moving on from Bouch
Not sure what you mean, I put the logic in the second sentence. I’ll repeat it here in case you didn’t understand. You cannot have Nurse and Bouchard making 20M. If Drai and McD get their reported 14 and 16M that’s 30M. Add in Bouchard’s 10M. That’s 40M. If you add in Nurse’s 9.25M that’s 50M in cap on 4 players- of one which is Nurse. The Oilers absolutely cannot have both Nurse and Bouchard on the backend making that much and expect to round out the D. One of those has to go- and it absolutely should not be Bouchard.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
So I guess we should have traded Nurse, Campbell, Kane and Ceci around Game 4 in the SCF? Seriously, we have a couple of days and we will see what is to be done. Keep your panties on.

I don’t think anyone is expecting all four of these guys gone lol but I guess I was hoping at least one trade would be completed. Its still early though.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
It gets harder as the draft goes. The picks during the draft seem to be at their highest value. That said,

Campbell will be bought out, Nurse, Ceci and Kane are staying. They have zero interest in moving those guys with how much McDrai like them. Kane is a maybe cause I could see him wanting out. The other 3? No chance.
I think Ceci will likely get moved. I agree that there's no shot Nurse is getting moved. I'd rather give him next season to see if he can figure it out. Lots of good defencemen have one year where you're asking yourself what the hell happened to that guy, and then they bounce back. I know I know, many of you think Nurse has sucked for years, but statistically he hasn't. If he get's back to what he was the season before last, no one will be complaining about him.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I hope Jackson wasn’t counting on clearing cap and finding it’s not so easy now. If he had free agency plans that rely on extra cap, then he probably screwed up by not having picks to add in, or having a GM in place for the draft that might have been capable of making these moves.

This draft in my eyes was an important opportunity leading up to free agency, not so much about actually making picks.

It’s still so early and I don’t mind the picks we made, but I’m disappointed so far. Other teams making moves that I really wanted to see, and showing that it is possible.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Reactions: Oilhawks

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I hope Jackson wasn’t counting on clearing cap and finding it’s not so easy now. If he had free agency plans that rely on extra cap, then he probably screwed up by not having picks to add in, or having a GM in place for the draft that might have been capable of making these moves.

This draft in my eyes was an important opportunity leading up to free agency, not so much about actually making picks.

It’s still so early and I don’t mind the picks we made, but I’m disappointed so far. Other teams making moves that I really wanted to see, and showing that it is possible.
Lol are we suppose to trade every single pick man? We can't just have a barren prospect pool Look at how Tampa works their team and their prospects. They don't leave it barren. Some of their most important players in the playoffs came from drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay