Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
No problem!

The name I've heard talked about is Tom Wilson. no idea what the structure of such a deal would look like, but from what I understand both guys would be open to the move.
That would be a bad move Kane is already bad enough when it comes to the league looking for any excuse to penalize him. I could only imagine a guy with Wilson’s history. First questionable hit he would be gone 30 games

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
No problem!

The name I've heard talked about is Tom Wilson. no idea what the structure of such a deal would look like, but from what I understand both guys would be open to the move.
If that's who it is, they'd better retain. He may become a fan favourite here. IF this is true

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
No problem!

Wilson? really?

The Oilers were interested in him a couple of years ago when he was due to be a UFA, but then he signed that massive contract that'll pay him 6.5 mill until he's 36/37. Seems like a really bad bet to take that on right as he's about to move into aging power forward territory with so much term left.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
No problem!

Whoa... isn't he in their leadership group? Well dang, thanks man great to have even more clarity from you. That's an interesting name.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Bro that 3rd line is so slow. Hell no

A healthy Kane will go a long way. A motivated Kostin will go a long way. The 2-way center Rico will go a long way.

Don't judge until you watch them in action. I'd rather have a slower paced line that's in your face/cycle line than a speedy Sissy half Pejorative Slured perimeter players that are afraid to hit or too stupid to make smart plays. They all can potentially score 20 as well.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I kind of get the sense Kane wasn't happy with his diminishing role, being relegated to bottom 6 duty, and not having a prominent spot on the PP. But I'm also not that keen on Wilson if the rumours hold, because he is a similar type of player except a) less productive and b) slower. Maybe he fights more, which won't help in playoffs. Might help protect the stars a bit better but again, that won't stop guys from running them in the playoffs. Not sure that kind of move helps.

Still interesting and nice to hear from someone who has some sort of ear into front office like that. Big thanks to ChaoticOrange again.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Jason Gregor says Jack Campbell will be bought out tomorrow.

Let's not forget that this is the guy who also said Ceci is better than Tanev lol but it could make sense. If Campbell isn't moved by tonight, they're going to have to use plan B

I mean we are all expecting it but still would prefer some kind of trade honestly. But I am probably in dream world. This team has so much dead cap. We are going to have a junk bottom 6 again and probably trade a first for TDL pick up once again.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Kane really is getting traded I would think signing DeBrusk is basically a lock. He and his wife are from here and spend their summers here. His wife actually recently graduated as a doctor from the University of Alberta. Obviously his dad still lives here as well.
Interesting. Didn’t realize Jake was such an Edmontonian. Thought the Oilers connect was just cause of his Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad