Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
all I'll say for now is it's an eastern conference team and it would be a player coming back, also a large contract, that may have worn out his welcome in his current team.
Interesting. I might keep Kane if its a long contract. Is the player good even though he's worn out his welcome?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Kane wasn’t in my top group of players I’d trade, but he’s a player I’d consider trading if we really needed cap.

His injuries are really unfortunate, but the reality is that it’s held him back. If he were healthy he’d be a 40 goal guy on the Oilers. 25 even strength goals is still really good, but he doesn’t really mesh in the top 6. His passing is brutal too, kind of a liability at times.

Also, nobody would ever say this publicly, but it seems he doesn’t get along with Draisaitl. If you’re trying to sign Draisaitl long term and you know they don’t get along, you need cap room, it does make sense.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Only guys that immediately come to mind out east are Skinner (who apparently won't waive, hence the potential buyout by BUF) and Marner. But the latter is completely out of the question. Can't be a D without moving out a problematic $9 million player first, so... ?? Still a bit confused. Kakko is a low price point so not him either. I guess trading one price point problem for another one. Still interesting, thanks for posting about it ChaoticOrange!

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Only guys that immediately come to mind out east are Skinner (who apparently won't waive, hence the potential buyout by BUF) and Marner. But the latter is completely out of the question. Can't be a D without moving out a problematic $9 million player first, so... ?? Still a bit confused. Kakko is a low price point so not him either. I guess trading one price point problem for another one. Still interesting, thanks for posting about it ChaoticOrange!
I wouldn't hate a retained Skinner, but would much rather they bought him out and have oilers sign him for pennies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
It really does feel like we’re gonna see some moves in the next couple days. I pray Jackson knows what he’s doing, this is not the time to f*** up and take steps back.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I wouldn't hate a retained Skinner, but would much rather they bought him out and have oilers sign him for pennies.
He's a completely one-dimensional player, who is streaky in that one dimension. I'm not sold but in your scenario, sure.. if he's willing to do that. Seems like a pretty stubborn individual though.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No problem!

The name I've heard talked about is Tom Wilson. no idea what the structure of such a deal would look like, but from what I understand both guys would be open to the move.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Jason Gregor says Jack Campbell will be bought out tomorrow.

Let's not forget that this is the guy who also said Ceci is better than Tanev lol but it could make sense. If Campbell isn't moved by tonight, they're going to have to use plan B

Reactions: Sanchez

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Has anyone heard anything on Nichuskin? He is what this team needs. Skill and toughness. We cannot lose Kane and replace him with someone soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad