Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Funny enough, I was thinking of saying "pick any avatar of your choice other than Tkachuk" because somehow I knew that Tkachuk would be your choice damn it.

Fine, I'll make the sacrifice of keeping a dirty, rat infested Tkachuk avatar for a year if it means getting that $9.25m off the books. ;)

I think your probably pretty safe!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse for Trouba with us retaining 1.25 million. Who says no?
NY. Trouba at least hits like a freight train, WTF is Darnell good at? Everyone saying that to replace hi would cost at least $6 Million, do we all forget how terrible he was in the playoffs? How many times he needlessly ices the puck? Pretty sure that we could get a replacement for closer to $4-$5 million. And if Broberg leapfrogs him then he's a $9.25 million 3rd pairing guy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They're buying out Campbell guys, I know the dead cap makes you really sad, but that doesn't matter. He can't be traded and can't be kept, he's not going to go on LTIR, so just get over it.
Yup...this is pretty much the only option and its the right move.
Good riddence to him.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Korpisalo is Patrick Roy compared to Campbell. There is actually some semblance of goalie there, and in front of a team that doesn’t outright stink he actually has odds of doing ok.

Campbell is the worst goalie in the NHL.
100% which really makes you wonder how on earth the pro scouts and Holland himself actually thought that Campbell was a $5M long term risk worth taking. :shakehead

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
The only thing that would dull the pain of the Stanley Cup loss is if the Oilers were making constant roster moves, signings and organizational hires on a daily basis. And by moves I mean blow your socks off moves that clearly upgrade the team and improve the franchise.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I highly doubt that Janmark and Brown get more than high end 4th line money. 3rd line salaries are $3m+ nowadays, neither is getting that here especially.
Top-end 4th line money is still about double what they can afford in all three spots of the fourth line.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
NY. Trouba at least hits like a freight train, WTF is Darnell good at? Everyone saying that to replace hi would cost at least $6 Million, do we all forget how terrible he was in the playoffs? How many times he needlessly ices the puck? Pretty sure that we could get a replacement for closer to $4-$5 million. And if Broberg leapfrogs him then he's a $9.25 million 3rd pairing guy.

Trouba is horrible. Worse than Nurse at everything except throwing suspension worthy hits.

But NY still says no because his contract expires in 2026 instead of 2030

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Trouba is horrible. Worse than Nurse at everything except throwing suspension worthy hits.

Hard to believe but I don't watch a lot of the Rangers.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

100% trouba is a giant red flag id rather have deshanais double shift than have trouba on the ice

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why do people want Desharnais back on here? He wasn't that great in the playoffs and his puck skills haven't gotten better. Please don't bring him back

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Henrique and Carrick for 31st overall is a deal I make again without question. Covid screwed up the AA deal big time. The cap was set to rise almost 10 million before Covid. That would have paid for Kass AA and a Nurse long term deal. Things changed in one day so blaming Ken for that is just absurd to me. The team has been as consistent as any I have ever personally play. 19/20-23/24 2nd on the pacific between 98-109 points. Can you name any team besides the dynasty era that accomplished this feet with an oil drop on their chest?

I like Henrique and was pleasantly surprised he finally came around and proved his worth. My biggest issue, though, was a need to bolster our top 6 and get an elite winger that came cheaper than what we paid for our 3rd line C. Just sucks we weren't in a position cap-wise to make additional deals

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Broberg was a huge surpise in the playoffs. He seemed too timid every other time I watched him play and here he was on the biggest hockey stage in the wolrd skaitng and handling the puck with confidence. Very impressive.
I cant see how he doesnt parlay that into a top 4 role next season.
Plus he played on his off side. I thought they were setting him up to fail by doing that. I still stand by my prediction that he will be our Ekholm replacement.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Plus he played on his off side. I thought they were setting him up to fail by doing that. I still stand by my prediction that he will be our Ekholm replacement.
Yes for sure...on his off side no less.
I think that Ekholm has a few years left in him. He is the best all around dman on the team right now IMO and to have him be a mentor for Broberg is about as ideal as it gets.

Reactions: TB12 and Stauf4Prez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad