Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Foegele "thriving" is the other end of the "Arvy and Emberson suck" spectrum.

Foegele is exactly what he's always been, and until last night had 1 point on the season through 8 games.

Prop up one player on 8 games played, and knock down others on 8 games played.
Now do McLeod.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
With the accrued cap space we will potentially have, there will be no shortage of cap to add basically anyone we want.

The bigger challenge is going to be who is actually available and will we have the assets to outbid other teams considering our razor thin prospect pool and no 1st rounder this upcoming draft.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I heard with this cap, you cannot do more than 1 move with it. You acquire a player worth 5.25 or less and that's it. Is that true?
Yes you have to use the accrued space first and then the LTIR after. It can't be simulataneous

And it's looking like we might not use LTIR at all. Kane is coming back before then (but who knows that might be us just laying out a paper trail that we had good intentions)

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
A healthy Kane is better than anyone we can get on the market so just forget using LTIR.

Now the accrued cap space is another story. I’m thinking Marcus Peterson and Carrier

Ekholm-Bouchard
Petersson-Nurse
Kulak-Carrier

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
A healthy Kane is better than anyone we can get on the market so just forget using LTIR.

Now the accrued cap space is another story. I’m thinking Marcus Peterson and Carrier

Ekholm-Bouchard
Petersson-Nurse
Kulak-Carrier

With Peterson(you know I love my swedes) there are 3 things to factor. 1--UFA after this year--we would need a favorable sign and trade or a new contract in place at the time of the deal. We will be looking at trading 2027 first and maybe a 3rd for him. Regardless of if he has a new contract in place. 2) If the pens decide to trade him I can see a few teams doing what they can to trade for him. 3) Petereson is on 4 and Carrier is 3.75--so we would we would need more than just Kane's LTIR money to add them. We would need a team to take Kulak off our hands.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Well this makes sense considering they have been handling the cap as if he will be back in-season rather than a Mark Stone situation.
Huh? What? Dude was injured in the playoffs, jogging around in the summer and waited till the season started to decide to do surgery. Now the Oil are accruing cap space

It's EXACTLY like the Mark Stone cap circumvention. Don't be shocked to see him play a month then take a little LTIR rest before the deadline. You can book it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad