Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
meh. The 80's Oilers had several players that were hard to manage. Anderson, Fuhr, Coffey, Mess. Mess would break every rule the team had early in career and show up at the wrong airport or not at all for flights. One of the biggest tasks early was finding him room mates that wouldn't have him out drinking till 2am. The club intentionally got guys like Fogolin, to help manage some of these players.

Good orgs take people that are of value and work around what would be considered their behavioral challenges. You do that because the talent is on the ice and the only important thing is having the best players on the ice and winning. So that you take the attributes and work with them. Glen Sather built a legend team doing that. He also considered himself having a father role looking after some of the players.

Broberg knew he was good and acted accordingly. He's proving his worth as well and probably continues to. Not making any comparisons at all, just saying you have to manage prospects and see them as that. Not as whiny ass bitches.

It was obvious Desharnais was only here due to being a Woodcrap favorite. What org plays a nothing D like that over a real talent. You and others keep saying Bro was given all the chances and yet he's a D, and young D take time to develop, and its worth the squeeze taking that time.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Vinny drawing in coincide with the oilers winning 16 straight and Nurse looking passable?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Vinny drawing in coincide with the oilers winning 16 straight and Nurse looking passable?
I don't think that coincided. I got tired of Desharnais when he let himself run unchecked at times over escalating. Seemed to have a lot of trouble managing himself once he got escalated. This included screaming at officials, shouting them down. Shit like that doesn't go well as right or wrong they are officiating the games. Desharnais just seemed to get unglued to me and at critical times. I wasn't a big fan beyond his initial entry here. Like I said he lost me at around 20 games. He was fill anyway, and this seemed clear. Team apparently felt they needed some more net clearing in there and physicality but Desharnais can't fight either so his gesticulating and screaming at opponents seemed unbaked. Glad the org doesn't have him anymore.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Thriving isn't the right word but they all have found a good spot on their new teams and getting respect. Foegele is averaging more TOI than he has in past. Don't think he is getting 20 ever again . Ceci is also not a punching bag anymore.

You're not making any sense.

You're saying that Foegele producing less while playing more is a positive and that the expectations from fans of a team that are openly tanking are lower for Ceci than the fanbase trying to win a championship? Do I have that right?

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Jultz apparently signed with Lugano. Did he really not want to play here or did we want no part of him?
Stauffer mentioned a while ago that when the Oilers spoke to him, Schultz's camp was asking for too much money. I'm honestly surprised they'd be asking for anything above the league minimum at this point, but that's what he reported.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad