Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Should have tried Lavoie more. I don’t think we lost a star, but I think he’ll have an NHL career. Just sucks we lost him for nothing.

Oh well, Savoie, Jarventie, whoever else, please have great seasons.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I don’t blame him (or Bowman) for the offer sheets and their resolutions, but this one grinds my gears. Totally avoidable by having the balls to waive another vet. My choice would have been Ryan. Yeah, who’s the 4C? Who cares?

I don’t really get it either because I don’t think Ryan and Perry are everyday players either. I don’t think you can run 12F with both. I don’t think they should be running 12F anyway.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
To be fair, you were one of the big voices saying they will waive him and it’ll be fine. Not sure the 180 looks so good

I knew they’d waive him because they said they were accruing cap this year and they can’t do that carrying 13F + Kane.

I also said he may get claimed but I didn’t think he would. I was wrong. Head held in shame.

But I can still joke about it!! :nod:

Reactions: Faelko

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It's a tough life in the NHL as a bottom-6 player that can't PK (e.g., Lavoie). The Oilers already have one guy like that in Perry. From a hockey perspective, one can argue that Lavoie should be playing over him, but it appears McDrai want Perry's veteran presence in the dressing room.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Vegas has to send Brendan Brisson and potentially Alex Holtz to the minors in order to keep Lavoie on their roster so the leash for him there is going to be extremely short. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he’s back on waivers and off to Bakersfield before November hits.

Yep. I wasn’t going to post that because there are a few people taking victory laps on the forum and I didn’t want to spoil their fun. :DD

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bellagiobob

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not sure what more he could've shown ... pretty sad decision to waive him down.

Stan is not off to a good start

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Vegas is the poster child for not focusing on the future, but solely the here and now. Not a complete shock they claimed two players off waivers, their forward group is pretty bad.
They just let other teams draft and develope 2nd rd prospects and then claim them for nothing when they are NHL ready.
The joke is not on them but on Oilers

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
f*** you spec.

Also I was told that every team had 1-2 guys like lavoie that go through waivers.

:sarcasm:

9B7088F9-A3DA-49EE-BB6F-4D08A258E143.gif

You’re the wrestler. I’m the poor guy in the red :nod:

• Haha
Reactions: McDoused

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Sad to see Vegas claim Lavoie, always thought he had potential as you could see the occasional flashes of a real NHL player in the very limited opportunities the team gave him

Hope he gets a real shot in Vegas and makes the most of it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's all good buddy. I hate that I know this team so well that I can see the failure come from a mile away.

Hey it’s all good. @Oilhawks too, everybody has a democratic right to be wrong and I just exercised my democracy lol.

I honestly didn’t think he’d be claimed especially after getting injured in camp. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if he is back on waivers if he doesn’t pan out in Vegas.

That does hurt losing him for nothing though. :(

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Evander Kane extension has turned out to be worse than Lucic signing.

Let's lose Lavoie because we don't want to LTIR a guy who is out til march. Someone we could've Mark Stoned last season

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Evander Kane extension has turned out to be worse than Lucic signing.

Let's lose Lavoie because we don't want to LTIR a guy who is out til march. Someone we could've Mark Stoned last season

You might say the Connor Brown contract from last year is a bigger problem? Could have matched on Holloway and had the roster space this year for Lavoie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad