Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
tmp.gif

Oiler asset management

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Ugh, i mean I can see missing the point, but this is pretty far off the mark.

Literally every team does, but sometimes, despite having those guys, they want a different kind of those guys. I assume this was pushed by someone who watched him play Henderson a lot.

Like Pelletier is a better player, but cleared (likely because size)

Pelletier will be in the Swiss League in a couple seasons

To be fair, you were one of the big voices saying they will waive him and it’ll be fine. Not sure the 180 looks so good

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Had to be those :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in Vegas.

6'4" one shot scorer gone.
I've always liked Lavoie, but if he was out and out that player, he'd be here.

He's a big kid, with a good shot, who doesn't kill penalties and plays in the bottom-6, I think they should have kept him, but who knows what Vegas is going to do with him? Keep Stone's seat warm while he sits out the regular season again maybe.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

He's a big kid, with a good shot, who doesn't kill penalties and plays in the bottom-6, I think they should have kept him, but who knows what Vegas is going to do with him? Keep Stone's seat warm while he sits out the regular season again maybe.
And not drafted by this front office and an RFA next summer.

Seems Oilers management are banking on younger/higher ceiling prospects instead.

Super glad Rodrigue didn’t get claimed.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Overshadowing this is that none of the camp hopefuls we thought would make an impact really did.

This team has a way bigger problem with it's bottom 6 than it does it's bottom 4.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Even under new management, they don’t have the patience to give youth a shot. Maybe it’s not the management?

I get impression the leadership core likes vets but who knows. Its upto management/coach to play the best team while looking at future somewhat. Doesn’t really feel like it was done. Oh well, what can you do.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

I thought they might move him for a Koskin Samaroukov type strength of organizations swap of waiver players. If he doesn't fit as a bottom six or you don't want to run with the chance to establish himself as a viable NHL depth player, then move him for a prospective better fit.

He's shown to be among AHL top goal scorers as one of the youngest and with his size there's reason enough to test-drive him. Poor job to lose him for nada.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Not a huge loss losing Lavoie I don’t think. He has had good stretches in the AHL but still hasn’t been point per game down there.

He’s a guy that would have to play top 6 and probably pretty ineffective playing 10 minutes a game in the bottom 6.

He will also likely go back on waivers if we want to grab him back as well

Reactions: Faelko

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Jackson looking more like an overrated fraud each day. He advocated for Brown, no? And didn’t think Lavoie was valuable to be claimed

After such a great July 1, things have been going down for this team lol. I wouldn’t of matched the offer sheets either so don’t take my comments the wrong way. Things just haven’t been going great and not really saying anyones fault. I do wonder if there some damage done with younger players and future players though.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I thought they might move him for a Koskin Samaroukov type strength of organizations swap of waiver players. If he doesn't fit as a bottom six or you don't want to run with the chance to establish himself as a viable NHL depth player, then move him for a prospective better fit.

He's shown to be among AHL top goal scorers as one of the youngest and with his size there's reason enough to test-drive him. Poor job to lose him for nada.
I can agree with that last part, I definitely would have tried to keep him, but who knows how long the Knights keep him.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Jackson looking more like an overrated fraud each day. He advocated for Brown, no? And didn’t think Lavoie was valuable to be claimed
To be fair he cleared last season. It's tough to see who Lavoie would displace here this year assuming the guy we waive would also be lost.

I just think that Lavoie was a bad fit. We should have traded him last season.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Is Vegas even still a playoff team? Marchessault and Stephenson are huge losses

I think Dallas is Edmontons biggest threat of getting back to the final

Pretty sure Vegas will be there. Players still want to sign there. Their organization is focused on the future.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
After such a great July 1, things have been going down for this team lol. I wouldn’t of matched the offer sheets either so don’t take my comments the wrong way. Things just haven’t been going great and not really saying anyones fault. I do wonder if there some damage done with younger players and future players though.

I don’t blame him (or Bowman) for the offer sheets and their resolutions, but this one grinds my gears. Totally avoidable by having the balls to waive another vet. My choice would have been Ryan. Yeah, who’s the 4C? Who cares?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
If a team was going to give him a shot I didn't expect it to be Vegas.

Think he's back on waivers again before long tbh.
They filling injury holes? Where did they find two roster spots?

I see they lost ZAR from their bottom-6. So they need to replace a center who can PK; Lavoie will be in tough if that's his path to starting line-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad