Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
No.4 for Hamonic is a fair deal IMO. Yak for the Isles 1st is also fair... this is not the dumbest deal I've seen. Big upside for the Isles though.

A deal like this would just reinforce how horrific the Oilers drafting and development has performed over the last decade plus. Maybe Klefbom will buck the trend and actually turn into a no.2 guy. I'm not holding my breath though.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
No.4 for Hamonic is a fair deal IMO. Yak for the Isles 1st is also fair... this is not the dumbest deal I've seen. Big upside for the Isles though.

A deal like this would just reinforce how horrific the Oilers drafting and development has performed over the last decade plus. Maybe Klefbom will buck the trend and actually turn into a no.2 guy. I'm not holding my breath though.

In my opinion when hes healthy he already is that guy

Bastulon

Jul 11, 2014
Canada
I didn't like the idea of signing Lucic but if Oilers can do 4+Yak for Hamonic+19 and get rid of Fayne and Gryba they can sign Demers or Lucic if they do LW+19 for Vatanen.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Follow up the Hamonic deal with Klefbom+19+prospect for Faulk. Our left d side becomes a little thin but that gets us a #1. Faulk's and Klefbom's deals are both backloaded so Carolina would be paying out significantly less $ for a few years.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The only way I'm buying the 4 + Yak for Hamonic + 19 deal is if all other deals fell out of place.

I have a feeling that it isn't just the D the Oilers want to fix here. I'm willing to bet that they want to move out at least one of the 6m dollar contracts.

I also imagine Chiarelli would prefer to pick at 4. Put more of his own stamp on the team with an expansion exempt prospect.

My favourite idea is still acquiring Lindholm + for Hall if we can then move Klefbom for Hamonic. Our D looks significantly better with a bit of cap savings (most likely).

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
The only way I'm buying the 4 + Yak for Hamonic + 19 deal is if all other deals fell out of place.

I have a feeling that it isn't just the D the Oilers want to fix here. I'm willing to bet that they want to move out at least one of the 6m dollar contracts.

You can still do that if that Hamonic deal happens (I don't think it will: has that poster ever been right?)

Besides, dealing one of the three $6M guys for a D is simply not in the cards. Chances are if we deal RNH, Eberle or, heaven forbid, Hall, it would be for young players, prospects/picks.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
You can still do that if that Hamonic deal happens (I don't think it will: has that poster ever been right?)

Besides, dealing one of the three $6M guys for a D is simply not in the cards. Chances are if we deal RNH, Eberle or, heaven forbid, Hall, it would be for young players, prospects/picks.

I'd say chances are we trade them in a good 1 for 1 hockey trade or dont trade them at all. But why is a good hockey trade out of the question?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If we do a deal of 4th and Yak for Hamonic and 19th I just really really hope we don't end up in an "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" situation. One of the reasons IMO that TB beat NYI was because Hedman > Hamonic/anyone the Isles had. Hamonic is not a #1D, he's a #2 defensively and a #4 offensively. I would really hope that having Hamonic in this scenario would allow Klef to further develop offense and become a #1. I dunno, I just have no faith in the 'defense by committee' approach and winning without a real 1D.

People want established D now. If you want the chance at #1D you need to accept risk. If we pay up what it takes to get a guy like Jones or even Trouba, most Oiler fans will probably be upset by it, and it might be bad in the immediate short term. If we wait for players like that to start dominating, they are off the market permanently

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I tried to post a link, but the address looks like ************ and it doesn't work. It's the hockey press . ca

Yes, the "source" is a very unprofessional, bogus site. And even though the whole site and the content on site are obviously BS, the "article" doesn't even say that's a rumour. It says it's a proposal. Which doesn't even matter because the entire thing is made up.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I didn't like the idea of signing Lucic but if Oilers can do 4+Yak for Hamonic+19 and get rid of Fayne and Gryba they can sign Demers or Lucic if they do LW+19 for Vatanen.

I've seen several posts regarding Yak+4 for Hamonic+19, but haven't seen any legit rumours mentioning this. I assume this is just a pipe dream?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I've seen several posts regarding Yak+4 for Hamonic+19, but haven't seen any legit rumours mentioning this. I assume this is just a pipe dream?

It is from one of our posters who claims to have inside sources.

I don't mean to disrespect this poster, but until something happens I strongly have my doubts. My big concern is he/she has posted so many rumours that IF they aren't real, one of them is bound to be true or close to it through dumb luck.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
It is from one of our posters who claims to have inside sources.

I don't mean to disrespect this poster, but until something happens I strongly have my doubts. My big concern is he/she has posted so many rumours that IF they aren't real, one of them is bound to be true or close to it through dumb luck.

Ah I see, so just pipe dreams then

duul

Jun 21, 2010
4OA + Yakupov for Hamonic + 19thOA is a great deal for us. Hamonic is a top pairing shutdown D with a RIGHT HANDED SHOT on a beautiful contract. He's a guy you can let Klefbom play with and let Klef takes some risks.

Please, Ovechking, do us good on this one. That trade would really change this organization. Hamonic would be our best defenceman in 10 years.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
4OA + Yakupov for Hamonic + 19thOA is a great deal for us. Hamonic is a top pairing shutdown D with a RIGHT HANDED SHOT on a beautiful contract. He's a guy you can let Klefbom play with and let Klef takes some risks.

Please, Ovechking, do us good on this one. That trade would really change this organization. Hamonic would be our best defenceman in 10 years.

Souray and Visnovsky say hello. Pronger was also technically still an Oiler 10 years ago today :sarcasm:

That deal's a first step, but the only way I'd do it is if I know I can flip the 19th for a RH offencive defencman (Mike Green, Barrie, Schattenkirk, Ellis, Vatanen).

Otherwise you're still in the same position of being unable to generate offence for the defence, and now without the team's most valuable trading chip.

However...

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Fayne/Gybra/Nurse

... is the defence fixed without dismantling the forward core.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

I also imagine Chiarelli would prefer to pick at 4. Put more of his own stamp on the team with an expansion exempt prospect.

My favourite idea is still acquiring Lindholm + for Hall if we can then move Klefbom for Hamonic. Our D looks significantly better with a bit of cap savings (most likely).

Same, I think he wants to change the complexion of the top 6.

*M*J*D*

Mar 9, 2003
Regina, Sask, CANADA
I am curious has Ovechking called anything correctly previously? His last couple of posts seem to contradict what I gather from some of the media sources that have been accurate at times.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Souray and Visnovsky say hello. Pronger was also technically still an Oiler 10 years ago today :sarcasm:

That deal's a first step, but the only way I'd do it is if I know I can flip the 19th for a RH offencive defencman (Mike Green, Barrie, Schattenkirk, Ellis, Vatanen).

Otherwise you're still in the same position of being unable to generate offence for the defence, and now without the team's most valuable trading chip.

However...

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Fayne/Gybra/Nurse

... is the defence fixed without dismantling the forward core.

I think Hamonic is a better player than both Souray and Visnovsky. Less offensive production but far more reliable defensively. It's close though.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I tried to post a link, but the address looks like ************ and it doesn't work. It's the hockey press . ca

Yes, the "source" is a very unprofessional, bogus site. And even though the whole site and the content on site are obviously BS, the "article" doesn't even say that's a rumour. It says it's a proposal. Which doesn't even matter because the entire thing is made up.

Good little reminder. If HF filters/blocks a website with *********, it's for a good reason.

---

Suspending disbelief for a second, the Hamonic + 19th for 4th + Yak pipe dream would be lovely. What don't people like about it? That we drop out of the Top-10 in the draft? That Hamonic isn't a premier offensive type? The view from here looks pretty good.

Two months ago I would have done 4th for Hamonic and a little +. Recouping value on Yak would be a great +. Being offered a 1st round pick for Yakupov is a deal you take and run.

Expanding the dream a little further, I try and package 19th + 32nd to move up (to Minnesota's 15th?) and take Fabbro/McAvoy.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Package the pick with Pouliot for Vatanen. If we came out of the draft with Hamonic, and Vatanen, i'd be pretty pleased.

I think Hamonic is a better player than both Souray and Visnovsky. Less offensive production but far more reliable defensively. It's close though.

We need more players like Hamonic. Minute eaters are so important.

I love that Hamonic deal. We will get a great dman at 19. One of Fabbro, Bean or McAvoy will probably slip.

Or move that pick and Pouliot for Vatanen. Hamonic + Vatanen would be a dream offseason.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Had a dream we acquired Victor Hedman, so I fully expect it to happen now

Haha. I think Hedman may be in the top 5 for players who will not be traded for any return. Tampa has nobody who can step in and fill his shoes. Nashille could've traded an equally good player in Josi because they have Weber, (Jones), Ekholm, Ellis.

McDavid
Crosby
Doughty
Karlsson
Hedman

Probably the top 5 right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad