Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
What cost is too high for you? 2, 3, 4, 1st rounders? Curious what people expect when they make these kind of statements
And when do you think the Oilers should go all in? They certainly aren’t winning without an upgrade on defence.

So should we be content just throwing away another McDrai year? How long does drai have left until he’s a FA?

Last edited:

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
If I was GM, I would make some calls about Mayfield and I would pay the price for Chychrun.

Chychrun Ceci
Nurse Mayfield
Kulak (whoever we haven't had to trade)

Feb 9, 2013
Scoring has shifted.

Its not a 3-2 league anymore, the playoffs arent 2-1 games anymore. the average SV% for starters isn't .915 anymore.

Scoring goals wins games now, not suffocating the opponents.
Have you stats to support this, or is it just like your opinion, man?

(Just watched "The Big Lebowski" ... my internal monologue is programmed to the Dude.)

Last edited:

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
And when do you think the Oilers should go all in? They certainly aren’t winning without an upgrade on defence.

So it’s what? Throw away another McDrai year? How long does drai have left until he’s a FA? .
I'll answer, looks like you are afraid to.
We need to be challanging when the big boys have their contracts up fro renewal. Go all in now and have nothing in the tank when their contracts are up, what is the reason for them to stay? Future would then look grim.
Next year Broberg, Holloway, Skinner and I'll throw Kostin in here, are a year older, more experienced and those guys will not b expensive.
That is when.
Rangers stopped speaking about Kane when the Blackhawks wanted a 2023 1st. That is how good this draft is. Every 1st rounder is a NHL player in the future.
Your turn...

Reactions: Louis Cypher

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Have you stats to support this, or is it just like your opinion, man?

(Just watched "The Big Lebowski" ... my internal monologue is programmed to the Dude.)
Only 12 goalies this season have a 915 or better save percentage. And only 10 have a 2.50 or less GAA. I would say his assessment is accurate.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We need to be challanging when the big boys have their contracts up fro renewal. Go all in now and have nothing in the tank when their contracts are up, what is the reason for them to stay? Future would then look grim.
Next year Broberg, Holloway, Skinner and I'll throw Kostin in here, are a year older, more experienced and those guys will not b expensive.
That is when.
Rangers stopped speaking about Kane when the Blackhawks wanted a 2023 1st. That is how good this draft is. Every 1st rounder is a NHL player in the future.
Your turn...

You can make a deal for players that aren't rentals you know, right?

The Oilers are just gonna draft some dunce with their 1st anyway, they've had how many 1st round picks in the last 15 years? Which one of them are actually that good outside of top 5 picks (really more accurately top 3 picks)?

Mid-Late 1st round picks are overrated IMO, you can find quite often similar players in the 2nd or 3rd round.

McDavid and Draisaitl aren't going to give a shit about some 18 year old when their contract is up unless it's like a Bedard tier superstar in waiting player.

The Islanders grabbed Barzal and that still didn't impress Tavares enough to want to stay. Players don't care about that shit, they just see some kid that might be good, might not be, they're not making career decisions on a prospect pool unless they see players there with superstar potential.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
You can make a deal for players that aren't rentals you know, right?

The Oilers are just gonna draft some dunce with their 1st anyway, they've had how many 1st round picks in the last 15 years? Which one of them are actually that good outside of top 5 picks (really more accurately top 3 picks)?

Mid-Late 1st round picks are overrated IMO, you can find quite often similar players in the 2nd or 3rd round.
I'm good with a guy with term, but at what cost? I'm waiting for a logical answer

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm good with a guy with term, but at what cost? I'm waiting for a logical answer

Depends on the player. But 1st round picks are overrated, this team can't even draft for shit in the 1st round unless it's a top 3 gimme anyway.

Vegas Just put Stone on LTIR, wonder if they are making a move soon.

They're going to get Patrick Kane and then re-activate Stone who will have a miracle recovery for game 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: DarksideGhost
Feb 9, 2013
Only 12 goalies this season have a 915 or better save percentage. And only 10 have a 2.50 or less GAA. I would say his assessment is accurate.
And are these primarily the top teams in the league? If those are 12 different starters I don't see how it makes the assessment accurate.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Watch Vegas land kane and Karlsson.

I would be pissed then hahaha
Of course they will because they are Vegas, NHL head office most loved team and trying everything in their power to give them the cup.

wouldn't be surprised if NHL is steering SJ & Chicago to only deal with Vegas.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That is when.
Your turn...
Lol unnecessary pissy post but ok let’s go. Depends on the player. A top pairing D? Oooh sky is the limit.

Yeah I’m sure more Yam, JPs, XBs and Holloways will keep McDrai here after we get spanked in the first round.

Hilarious.

We need to win or get real bleepin close in the next 2 years or they are gone and then we really aren’t winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Echodek and McAsuno

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Vegas gets Kane it's quite smart. Have to hand it to them, they are always aggressive on the market. They've had more playoff success than anyone in the Pacific and are probably going to win the division (again), more division wins than any other Pacific team since joining the league.

Hard to argue with that track record.

Feb 9, 2013
I wonder how much of this chart is influenced by the bottom 10 teams being absolute garbage defensively so their goalies are just hung out to dry.

Sorry, it was an older chart so I erased it. I will post it here for reference. "Garbage defensively" and goalies "hung out to dry," so like the Oil? ;)

The chart:

save-percentage-graph-NHL-2018-19-2-1024x562.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kane yes but Karlsson’s extra years are going to make it too hard for Vegas to fit in going forward.

Don't think they would have the picks anyway.

Kane will probably cost them a similar price to O'Reilly, how many more 1sts are even left for a Karlsson deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad