Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I'm kind of surprised Kailer Yamamoto still doesn't have a league minimum contract somewhere. Would you bring him back at 775k?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No roster spot for Yamo left on the team.
We need to sign Holloway pretty quick .. I think Broberg's may sign an offersheet and should be top priority

Reactions: Vagabond

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'm kind of surprised Kailer Yamamoto still doesn't have a league minimum contract somewhere. Would you bring him back at 775k?
Sure. But he would basically be an AHL guy. That said it would still depend on how this would impact development. If he could help in that regard great. If he would simply be a road block, then I'd rethink my position.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Sure. But he would basically be an AHL guy. That said it would still depend on how this would impact development. If he could help in that regard great. If he would simply be a road block, then I'd rethink my position.

If we brought him bring him back at 775k, the expectation would be that he is waived to start the year. My reservation about him being an AHL guy is that he probably doesn't work well with Savoie (if that's his center) or against Savoie (if hes not a center) or Lavoie on the right side depth chart.

As the roster stands right now we have either 1 or 2 spots open (if Kane is out). Right now Pederson is probably our 4C and Lavoie is our 4RW.

One of my concerns is that one or both of those guys will need to be able to play on the PK at some point with McLeod and Foegele gone. Skinner and Arvidsson don't really PK. We can add a depth PK at the deadline if Lavoie/Holloway/Peterson aren't able to fill that role.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Maybe, but it sincerely doubt it, even the best GMs in this league are still fundamentally too conservative and scared to open that box fully
I’m not sure it’s an about being conservative or scared. Offer sheets almost never work out. Give up picks for a player you are probably going to have to overpay. Then leave your future RFAs wide open for an offer.

Or they don’t sign and you still burned a bridge. Just doesn’t seem worth it unless the player is a game changer.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
All I have to say is playing NHL 24 with all the recent signings is pretty fun. Not a bad offensive line.
I haven’t played any kind of sports video game in a lot of years. Now that they’re all web-based, do the games automatically upload and update all roster changes?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

He’s not a good bottom 6 player and he’s not a top 6 player, so no.

He’s also a candidate for a coaching staff to try too hard to stuff him in the top 6 to the detriment of the team like last time. Just no.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Ok whatever you say. I'm just pulling facts from the Oilers website and what JJ said. Your just sniffing your own farts.
You literally did the same thing you berated me for. If you can't see the obvious idiocy in that, well i'm not surprised. You're saying JJ made those deals before free agency? Think about that for a second, and then think about if that's allowed, and then think about how that would go if JJ said he was actually doing that in an interview. Maybe, just think before posting?

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
You literally did the same thing you berated me for. If you can't see the obvious idiocy in that, well i'm not surprised. You're saying JJ made those deals before free agency? Think about that for a second, and then think about if that's allowed, and then think about how that would go if JJ said he was actually doing that in an interview. Maybe, just think before posting?
Except GMs are definitely, 100% making calls before July 1. If you think GMs around the league a dropping a billion in contracts in one day without any prior contact, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Tampering is absolutely happening with regards to FAs and any other opinion is willfull ignorance.

Granted nothing is signed prior to the day, but there's loads of frameworks being negotiated ahead of time.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Except GMs are definitely, 100% making calls before July 1. If you think GMs around the league a dropping a billion in contracts in one day without any prior contact, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Tampering is absolutely happening with regards to FAs and any other opinion is willfull ignorance.

Granted nothing is signed prior to the day, but there's loads of frameworks being negotiated ahead of time.
Some initial talks are done beforehand for sure (Skinner for sure was not), and we know Arvidsson was reaching out to Ek beforehand. Sure as hell JJ wouldn't be admitting to tampering beforehand however, as alluded by Luis. Everything was indeed signed off on the 1st, and the details hammered out before signing too. They may have had ballparks to think about, but nothing done until that day. Every player that extended fielded other offers - all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad