Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Well don’t believe if you don’t want to lol. But I’m telling you using brave is like coming on HF 10 years ago. No adds anywhere and you never lose a post you are trying to make because of a refreshed page. I switched right before FA and will never go back :laugh:

Yes, I will continue using Windows Explorer on my Windows 95 thank you very much!

Reactions: McDoused

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Well don’t believe if you don’t want to lol. But I’m telling you using brave is like coming on HF 10 years ago. No adds anywhere and you never lose a post you are trying to make because of a refreshed page. I switched right before FA and will never go back :laugh:
Agreed. Been using it for 2 years now. It makes this site bearable….well, maybe I went too far there. :)

Brave won’t muck your computer up. If that happened to the other user that’s on them and not the Brave browser.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So I was reading through the thread and am amazed at the revisionist history going on concerning Klefbom. He was easily tracking to be a legit Number one d man in this league before his shoulder injuries. People are balking at his 38 points but forget he was also playing with much worse players than we have today. Give Klefbom the forwards on the team now and he’s a 60-70 point guy IMHO. Losing Klef and then Larrson in subsequent years really set this team back and it took a long time to recover those losses.
Klefbom playing three more years after 2017 probably set them back more than losing him.

He was downright terrible after that one good season and they never had the option to bring in a defenseman while he was on the IR for half the season.

Reactions: Spawn

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Klefbom playing three more years after 2017 probably set them back more than losing him.

He was downright terrible after that one good season and they never had the option to bring in a defenseman while he was on the IR for half the season.
Klef was so terrible that he handicapped the team to the point we have no options? lol He was making 4M.

When he was making 4M, Nurse was already making 5.5M and he feels like he's being mishandled by 2 bridges lol

No one really knows when he started having arthritis and when it started to affect his game. Certainly not months before he retired

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Everyone not named Connor or Leon was terrible those three years. Klef still had 34 point in 62 games in 19/20. It does seem he peaked in 2017 but he only played an average of 60 games the following three seasons and was playing hurt the entire time. Had the surgery worked I think he would have bounced back to nearly 16/17 levels.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Cmon at least use Netscape navigator and windows 98 :sarcasm:

That's too....modern for me. I'll stick to what I trust. Paperclip guy never let's me down!

1_Mb-da6xAdWblMnlyd4WBDg.jpg

North

Jun 25, 2009
Hard to say how bad his shoulder was impacting him at the time, but Klefbom was horrendous against the Blackhawks in the play in series before he retired.

I liked Klefbom. If I had to make a choice right now between keep Nurse or import 2017-19 Klefbom I would take Klefbom. I agree though that he’s getting the benefit of historical revisionism. He was good, but not that good.
I seem to recall he wasn’t even sure if he was going to play that series. We all had been hearing the reports about his shoulder by that time. He decided to but I think it was clear it made him relatively ineffective.

Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He sucked when watching him on the lames
That was my take away too, but I am inclined to think that's more the Flames than the player.

I'm not suggesting he'll be a difference maker, but decent fancies on a bottom-6 player generally improves the team overall.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
That was my take away too, but I am inclined to think that's more the Flames than the player.

I'm not suggesting he'll be a difference maker, but decent fancies on a bottom-6 player generally improves the team overall.
Not a bad bet and definitely would add a profile we don't have. He's like a poor man's Bjugstad

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Some alarm bells ringing here.

"Let's copy CapFriendly down to the UI design and try to drive as much traffic as possible before people realise we can't keep it updated due to lack of sources and development resources."
Could be but as a free site that looks exactly like Cap Friendly (a favorite resource of mine) I am totally fine with it. :D

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So someone brought him up a while ago, likely just because tall=tough, but Radim Zohorna had some decent fancies in limited time with the Pens.

He might be worth a look as depth and the size doesn't hurt.
Apparently only 1 fight in North America, he's big, really throttled Spencer Foo in the KHL, but I don't think that he's a guy that goes looking for it or actively looks to be a guy that answers the bell. How does he skate? Is he physical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad