Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I don't want a Larsson do-over we need a puck mover.

I have one particular affordable, in current salary and likely trade ask, natural RD in mind but I'm not going to reveal the name for the lone fact someone will take it to the trade board and those fans of the club he currently plays for will ask triple his value.

This RD, who I will not reveal under any circumstances, is an all around defenseman that isn't noted for offense but can help cover for Nurse as well as help reduce Bouchard's minutes. You know it's killing me I can't mention his name.

If we do get this RD obviously I'll report back that I knew we would get our man.
Lol. Do you fear that the GM of said team is also reading HF and will adjust his price to the one the fans are wanting? Otherwise your comment does not make any sense to me.

Shit or get off the pot.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Liljegren is a guy who I would be interested in. I just dont see how the capnworks given how Ceci needs to go out just to sign Broberg and Holloway.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Has anyone watched Philp much? Because honestly I haven't.

Is he a guy that has a legit shot at the 4th line C spot? I know he missed some time sitting out this past season, but is there any comparisons people have for him? Definitely has good size for a bottom-6 role

I watched his entire AHL season that year. I love him and it's hard not to write an essay. I don't grasp how a player like him appeared out of nowhere and then vanished. People love Lavoie for the stats, but Philp has a way better shot at an NHL career imo

His pro progression was insane, don't know if AHL tracks usage, but he went from like the last forward, to playing the hardest mins. His stats might not look great, but by the end, he was playing against the hard matchups, as a rookie, and still making plays.

I was losing my mind over him and couldn't understand why nobody was talking about his season and then I read this article: It proves Curlock is the only one watching the AHL lol. Reading it now, in hindsight, he even called the contract stuff.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
tldr;

You can feel the love in that article and that's how I feel too lol

It's not like the coaching staff didn't realize Philp could play, he just got better and better and better, until literally the best player on the team.

Oil53

Jun 4, 2018
Has anyone watched Philp much? Because honestly I haven't.

Is he a guy that has a legit shot at the 4th line C spot? I know he missed some time sitting out this past season, but is there any comparisons people have for him? Definitely has good size for a bottom-6 role

Saw him in a couple of games in 2023.Thought he was very good.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Will Holloway and Broberg get 1 or 2 year deals? Would there be much difference in the salary?
I'm sure that Jackson will want 2 year deals to create some bargain cap hits during McDavid's first year of his new deal. The longer the deal, the better, but it all depends on how much cap Jackson can clear out of here. Or, if Kane will sit on LTIR

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I don't think you can downplay the allure of the potential of a Championship. Larsson is in the part of his career where he is at the point where he either goes for it or he retires without one. He's not in a position where he can wait out a rebuild or wait for a core to age into their mid-20s.

When Adam left, the Oilers were still in a rut. They weren't the deep roster they were today. And his job was primarily the guy that made sure the team didn't singlehandedly lose hockey games when their scoring lines weren't on the ice.

His Dad's passing was tragic, but time frequently heals those wounds. And Adam is still a very popular person in that locker room and in the community.

I think it would make a lot of sense for him to consider a run as an impending UFA and if he fits in the same manner as Ekholm did, it would really be strange for him to overlook the potential success story should he stay through the team's full competitive window.
Well I am not a professional athlete, I did lose my dad to cancer when I was 36(2 years ago). I think you are understating it. There are places in my City I cannot go to without breaking down with memories of me and my dad. If I had professional athlete money I would leave my city to start over somewhere else. Larsson isn't coming back.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think with Adam Larsson choosing Seattle was a bit therapeutic, he had no control over being drafted to NJ, no control over being sent to Edmonton, no control over the situation with his dad obviously.

I felt like he just wanted for once in his career to be able to make a decision where he had full control over the situation.

Now things have changed since then, the Oilers are no longer that same ol' team that was getting knocked out in round 1, they were just in game 7 of a Cup Final. Klefbom retiring was also a bummer for Larsson as the Swedish contingent on the team was thinning out.

But now we have Ekholm, Janmark, Arvidsson, Broberg.

I think if Seattle were hypothetically out of the playoff picture, if he would waive for Edmonton.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Excellent news and at league minimum. I was worried we might let him go.

If Kane can’t go to start the year, I’d love to see them find a spot for Lavoie in the top 9 playing with some skilled veteran offensive players. He didn’t get much of a chance last year during his cup of coffee, mostly 4th line deployment, didnt get much of a chance with some offensive guys where he would have the opportunity to utilize his shooting more which is probably his best asset. That being said, in the brief stint he had here, I thought he did some great work along the boards and in the corners. He was physical and used that massive frame to win puck battles and protect the puck.

I think he could pair well with Draisaitl. Those two would be hard to handle when they’re working together down low in the offensive zone. Lavoie has the ability to get into scoring positions and get shots off quick, his shooting allows him to score from distance but his size and reach make him effective at net front as well and that’s area he’s really improved. With Leon’s vision and passing ability, these two could be good together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad