Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
At what point do we get to start "Sweeney so cheap" on HFMainBoards? You know if the same were happening to the Canes it's all we'd hear
Prolly never. If the offer is 8 x 8, its a pretty fair offer for a guy with a smaller amount of games played.

Sway wants more than fair for his one big contract in his career. Thats fine too.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah as much as Swayman is a fun guy to root for he’s absolutely asking for the moon here if the rumors are to be believed.
He (or his agent) apparently wants to "reset the goalie market". This isn't about being insulted that 7.8 million isn't actually 8 million as some dupes in the media have yacked about, he wants a LOT more than that. Same agent as Nylander, too, so no stranger to massive holdouts.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Good to hear….seems like a good guy.

Btw: Pono (seemed to be hurt a bit) and Koivunen both probably will not make the roster.
Harrison Brunicke, who the Pens selected in the 2nd round via the Guentzel trade is making a name for himself at camp. Sounds like he might crack the Pens roster.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Puljujarvi seems to have been making a case for himself in the Penguins roster.

You guys may laugh at me, but I have no doubt that the Canes are still going to be watching Poolparty closely this year. If it's in fact the case that he can put all of those injuries behind him (which, albeit, is a massive question mark), I could see them taking yet another relatively low-cost flier on him at the deadline.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’ve been curious about Monahan since the tragedy. That team is going to be horrible for a couple of more years, and it just isn’t what he signed up for. He’s still in his prime if he’s healthy and he’d be a pretty good fit for the 2C with us other than being lefty. I think this is a big embrace the suck year for them, maybe they’d move him.

He’s a character guy, I doubt he asks to leave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad