HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition (Mod Warning #2635)

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
St-Louis said he asked general manager Kent Hughes if he could talk to his counterpart in the Canadian capital, Steve Staios, to find out what type of formation he planned to deploy against the Canadiens." - via RDS

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
All those people can go jump in the lake.

It's not a good thing. It sucks, it's disapointing and nobody's happy about it.

But players have been hurt before and come back. Why would this be any different? You can go all the way back to Rocket Richard as an example. He was hurt a lot before he established himself. He will have a set of challenges we all wish he didn't. But most blueliners don't even make the NHL until their early to mid 20s. He's got so much time to heal and develop. This is a bump in the road.

It's absolutley insane to think that this guy's done now. His career hasn't even started yet. Any GM in the league would want him. As always, it would depend on the price.
Lilly not working out for the Leafs. Even swap perhaps?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
St-Louis said he asked general manager Kent Hughes if he could talk to his counterpart in the Canadian capital, Steve Staios, to find out what type of formation he planned to deploy against the Canadiens." - via RDS
The very least the NHL should do is require teams to publish their lineup 24H in advance during pre-season.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What does it say about his captaincy?

I guess it’s in the past and he doesn’t really care any more

He never realized before that driven nhlers work hard? Is he implying that he didn't work hard at his craft in the past?

I have a hard time believing that. It just sounds like a blurb of empty calories.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Sabres crawling from behind when 30 teams haven't even started is hilariously on point.
I didn't catch the second game but Lindsey looked Ruffled in that first one.
Strange hiring IMO 'course I would be well placed to insist retreads don't work. :help:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Looks like Boston and Swayman did manage to make peace in the end, unsurprisingly. He got his long term deal for more money than he's probably worth right now and the bruins get to finally turn that page and focus on the season.

8.25 isn't so bad nowadays for a good goalie. By year 4 of the contract, the cap will be around 100 mil and with that 8.25% he'll take on the cap won't even be double the average % of a player on a full cap 23 man roster, which is 4.35%

Draisaitl will be 3 times (and some extra) this average in the same frame (with a cap at 100m). 14% vs 4.35%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad