Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Honestly I think we are pretty done until the deadline then you can move XB, 2026 1st, Ceci + if needed for a retained D man on the right side and that is our big deadline.

The dream is really Crosby saying hey I want to try and get a cup at the deadline move me. But I doubt that

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
So, when do we call up Winnipeg and land Rutger McGroarty for one of Kulak or Ceci? Winnipeg is short a defenseman and apparently Jeff Jackson is a multiversal level reality warper.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Honestly I think we are pretty done until the deadline then you can move XB, 2026 1st, Ceci + if needed for a retained D man on the right side and that is our big deadline.

The dream is really Crosby saying hey I want to try and get a cup at the deadline move me. But I doubt that

Well the team isn't cap compliant yet so they definitely aren't done.

That said, I think it might be Kulak that goes instead of Ceci.

Reactions: Yuke and Oilhawks

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Mark Stone-up Evander Kane until playoffs or get rid of someone like Derek Ryan. Holloway offers too much value for his expected ~1 million cap hit contract.
This makes no sense. Kane has to agree to that and doctors have to prove it. This notion that Kane won't play till playoffs is absurd. It wasn't an even a season ending injury

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Gotta think Holloway might be dealt for a dman here. Math don't add up, too many NHL forwards atm
stupid-people.gif

Reactions: TB12

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I wonder if Pittsburgh would like Ceci back they only have 2 RD under contract and about 8 million cap left with LTIR

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
This makes no sense. Kane has to agree to that and doctors have to prove it. This notion that Kane won't play till playoffs is absurd. It wasn't an even a season ending injury
Then get rid of someone with little to no potential to outperform their contract in Derek Ryan/Corey Perry. It's not as if the Oilers added an extra body at forward, we moved one out in McLeod in this trade too.
I wonder if Pittsburgh would like Ceci back they only have 2 RD under contract and about 8 million cap left with LTIR
Ceci for Brayden Yager. If you told me we'd get Savoie for McLeod I'd have told you that you were delusional, but apparently delusions come true.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nah, what's stupid is ppl who think Kane will be out for the entire season to suit their own hopes and prayers.

I laugh at the lines compiled without him

If he isn't traded, he will count against the cap at some point. The whole Mark Stone narrative is fools gold
They still don't have too many forwards. No one in the organization could possibly be expecting Derek Ryan or Corey Perry to play 82 games this year.

I'm more interested in what their plan with Lavoie is now, could definitely see him being a throw in now. Savoie jumps him on the depth chart immediately.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Then get rid of someone with little to no potential to outperform their contract in Derek Ryan/Corey Perry. It's not as if the Oilers added an extra body at forward, we moved one out in McLeod in this trade too.
The Oilers didn't sign Perry just to punt him. C'mon man

Also, more logic dictates thet they've done nothing to the dcore yet. You know that's gotta be on the list not just for a dump, but for an improvement. That will take some sort of asset you have to think

I'm not saying I want Holloway gone, but the logic makes sense. he has value, we need better d.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Weakest link on F right now is Ryan/perry having to play 82games cumulative between them. Of course, that presumes a prospect like lavoie doesn’t win a spot in camp

On d I would hope for a bit more puck moving capability. Ceci is just an offensive black hole, nurse can be alright but needs to be paired with someone that has more brains than ceci.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

Ya but you are $341k over cap. Holloway and Broberg aren’t arb eligible and had QOs of $874k each I believe. We need to save $2,089,000 ish to become cap compliant with Kane.

Brown $1M
Stretcher 787
Ryan 900k

If Holloway can play 4c between Kane and Perry we are fine.

Would be running 12-6-2 so not ideal but we can fit without moves.

Ideally Kulak or Ceci is moved. From a depth point of view kulak is the better one to move as our LhD is just stronger and then we aren’t playing a rookie on his off side

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
They still don't have too many forwards. No one in the organization could possibly be expecting Derek Ryan or Corey Perry to play 82 games this year.

I'm more interested in what their plan with Lavoie is now, could definitely see him being a throw in now. Savoie jumps him on the depth chart immediately.
You realize there's an AHL team? Yes, we definitely have enough NHL forwards.

You telling me JJ ONLY focused on the forwards and has no plans for defense? I doubt it

Reactions: McDoused

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So with McLeod gone, you actually can get cap compliant, albeit with a 20 man roster. Holloway and Broberg at 1.15 each leaves you 33k in cap, if you send down Ryan, Stecher, and Brown, and leaves a lineup of

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Kane - Henrique - Brown
Janmark - Holloway - Perry

Ekholm - Bouch
Nurse - Broberg
Kulak - Ceci

Skinner
Picard

Reactions: McDoused

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
So not only did we manage to re-sign most of our important UFA's and bring in Skinner and Arvidsson too... but we also managed to add two great forwards to our prospect pool in Savoie and O'Reilly. JJ, you are godly.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Led the NHL in hits in the postseason, is a bottom six winger with speed to burn and is just starting his second NHL contract, likely around the same cap hit as his ELC.

Holloway isn't going anywhere.
My only point is we have one too many forwards. The replies I'm getting over the 4th line is asinine. The Oilers have enough talent to CRUISE into the post season without a 4th line, never mind having the ability to sprinkle in AHL guys to rest the Perrys/Janmarks/Ryans of the team

We have also not touched the dcore but made EIGHT moves to improve the forwards. That is some lopsided logic

My guess he will address the dcore next as far as improvements, and that will take assets. Don't be shocked if Holloway is included to do just that

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton

With Kane going to LTIR, I think this increases the likelihood of Nurse/Ceci hopefully going somewhere the other way with a sweetener attached. The money would work that way, esp. with QO's for Holloway and McLeod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad