Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The way I see it the upcoming days/weeks:
Kane gets traded or LTIR'D all season long with the classic VGK Mark Stone until G1 of next year's playoffs where he should be healthy and 100% to play.

Ceci gets traded. I think he'll get moved out regardless whether its during the summer or by next TDL especially after the team already tried trading him away at the draft.

McLeod gets moved. Wouldn't be my top choice as I like his speed and defensive side of the game, but the kid needs to learn to play with a meaner mindset rather than play like a chicken on the perimeter for once in his life.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I can't remember which game it was but McDavid played 17 mins and that's one of the best games he has looked.
I guess its possible that Knoblauch will try and save McDrai for the playoffs by playing them a bit less.
It will be interesting to see how things play out.

The minutes will be pretty spread out this year with all the depth we have now.
Could be...I guess we have to wait and see.

Cap doesnt count in the playoffs if he's LTIR'd until then.
I realize that.
Just assuming that there would be another player exiting if Kane is healthy enough to play.

Reactions: Duke74

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
While I want to agree with you that Kane will play bottom 6 from here on. Two things that leads me to believe he can still score 24 is one, he comes back fully healed and 2nd, RNH might be better off playing bottom 6 with Henrique and RNH is more of a special team guy now. And even if Kane scores 20, that's still good

Let's pretend a line up with a healthy Kane in the playoffs

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Drai-Arvidsson
RNH-Henrique-Perry/Holloway
Janmark-McLeod-Brown
Thank you for your thoughtful response. My counter to that is Kane will never be fully healthy. The decline in these types of players is sharp (Milan Lucic). Kane is getting to the stage that he handles the puck like a grenade and he can’t make a basic pass. Looking at the analytics- in the limited time Kane and Nuge played together- they have poor results. Kane isn’t that driver he used to be. I think if you are paying Kane to score 20 goals and be on your third line- you’re overpaying him. I think we’d both agree we wouldn’t pay Foegele that much (he scored 20, played on your 3rd line, and penalty killed). I just think there is a better return investing that money in defence at this point

Reactions: Canovin

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Never said anything about any of that. Was just talking about the laughable assertion that scoring against non-playoff teams is some sort of black mark, but whatever.
You actually did say all of that. I also never said it was a black mark- you did, but whatever

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Thank you for your thoughtful response. My counter to that is Kane will never be fully healthy. The decline in these types of players is sharp (Milan Lucic). Kane is getting to the stage that he handles the puck like a grenade and he can’t make a basic pass. Looking at the analytics- in the limited time Kane and Nuge played together- they have poor results. Kane isn’t that driver he used to be. I think if you are paying Kane to score 20 goals and be on your third line- you’re overpaying him. I think we’d both agree we wouldn’t pay Foegele that much (he scored 20, played on your 3rd line, and penalty killed). I just think there is a better return investing that money in defence at this point
Nuge had 18, played on the pp all year, wasn’t injured, doesn’t hit and is on the wrong side of 30.
But sure, keep running your mouth about Kane.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
If Kane is on LTIR…..McLeod and Ceci traded….Stecher in Ceci’s place…..I’m in.
Also, Perry becomes the 13th Fwd and Brown the 7th Dman.
Why if Kane is on LTIR and McLeod is gone are you trading Ceci!? You are cap complaint already with 2 of them gone in that situation and with Ceci gone anyone who is currently under contract is for sure a step down? I get a lot of people don’t like the guy but seems like it’s a move that makes the team worse for no real reason.

Reactions: Fishy McScales

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
First of all, I’m trading Ceci because we have a better player in camp (Skechers), especially when t comes to puck movement.
Also, trading Ceci ( with hopefully only pick or prospect coming back) gives us some extra cap space if needed during the year.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordian Knot

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I would keep Ceci for now if you can. It's clear the problem is Nurse and Ceci need to be apart so just run

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Kulak
Broberg Ceci

The D got battle tested hard all the way to a game 7 of a Cup Final, you might as well reap the benefits of that.

Plus this dude for whatever reason seems to show up to play in every game 7 ... scored crucial goals in game 7 against LA (2022), game 7 Vancouver (2024), and then set up Janmark's goal in the Cup Final game 7 as well.

For all the shit they take, the D statistically allowed fewer goals than every team in the playoffs per game (past round 1) other than Florida and they were just a hair above Florida in goals against. And yeah that means they allowed less goals than the Rangers did with Shesterkin playing out of his mind.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
First of all, I’m trading Ceci because we have a better player in camp (Skechers), especially when t comes to puck movement.
Also, trading Ceci ( with hopefully only pick or prospect coming back) gives us some extra cap space if needed during the year.
Ok, I disagree that Stetcher is that much better and I don’t seem him playing full time on this team. The trading Ceci to amass space for the trade deadline is tantalizing but I think it just leaves the d way, way too thin if he’s gone. Any injury and yikes you’ve got a problem on your hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad