Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not even joking, they should honestly give some thought to the idea of Sidney Crosby being potentially available to them at the trade deadline.

He has earned the right to choose his destination and I think the idea of playing with McDavid and adding a Cup brought back to Canada would be the icing on the cake for Crosby's legacy.

According to MacKinnon McDavid and Crosby play together on the same team in a summer thing and they just dominate everyone else including him lol.

I don't think Crosby wants to just waste the remaining good years he has left on a non playoff team.
Crosby said in a video they interviewed that he sees himself playing only until 38. He's turning 37

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Crosby said in a video they interviewed that he sees himself playing only until 38. He's turning 37

This is the last year on his deal, if Pittsburgh is not in a playoff spot at the deadline, yeah ... I ain't even joking. The Oilers should seriously think about this.

For Crosby I think the idea of coming to Canada and ending Canada's Cup drought, helping McDavid take the next step (kinda of like a Wayne + Mario teaming up for the 1987 Canada Cup moment) would be very appealing. It would be an incredible way to round out one of the greatest careers in NHL history. 4 Cups would also match Gretzky.

It would cement his legacy for sure. 8.7 cap hit at 50% retained could be made to work.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Ceci+ for Parayko would be great. The only issue with that though is we would have a ton of money locked in to our D-core once Bouch gets his raise next off-season.

Times like this, boy do I wish Darnell Nurse wasn't an Oiler.
Yeah. I have been saying it for months- you can only have one of Bouchard or Nurse making that coin if you want a well rounded team.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This is the last year on his deal, if Pittsburgh is not in a playoff spot at the deadline, yeah ... I ain't even joking. The Oilers should seriously think about this.

For Crosby I think the idea of coming to Canada and ending Canada's Cup drought, helping McDavid take the next step (kinda of like a Wayne + Mario teaming up for the 1987 Canada Cup moment) would be very appealing. It would be an incredible way to round out one of the greatest careers in NHL history. 4 Cups would also match Gretzky.

It would cement his legacy for sure. 8.7 cap hit at 50% retained could be made to work.
Crosby-McDavid-Hyman

McDavid would probably hit 200+ points

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I'd consider a RNH and Skinner swap, but plenty of time to experiment in the season. Regardless, thats two 1st lines and two 3rd lines. You can roll 4 lines all year with that group in any situation.
Kane has shown, his whole time here, he cannot produce when he is not with Connor or Leon.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Crosby-McDavid-Hyman

McDavid would probably hit 200+ points

They should be thinking about this not even joking. Obviously it would have to be later into the season, but it's something that I don't think is as crazy as people think.

Pittsburgh owes it to him to let him choose his spot if they're not in a playoff spot again this year.

Crosby and McDavid are gonna be basically co-captains of Team Canada too, why not be teammates beforehand.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I'm not sure why everyone wants to write off Kane. It seems he was hurt all year and battled through a lot of things. We can put him on LTIR get fixed and let him heal up. Its not like we have a lot of team toughness, which is needed, plus he can score and torture dmen on the forecheck.

Also baffled at people wanting to get rid of Kulak at his current contract.
Because Kane is at the age when all power forwards, who play his style, have something that will always ail them. He also lived a pretty hard lifestyle before coming to the Oilers which doesn’t help the body. Add to that Gregor’s rumours- he is never going to be the Kane from the Calgary series everyone seems to expect.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
None of the teams in our division got better. Flames, Sharks, Ducks are irrelevant and shit. Kings, and especially the Nucks and Knights downgraded.

Even looking at the bigger picture in the conference at other contending teams - Avalanche will be worse or the same at best (in cap hell), Jets did nothing, Stars did nothing. If anything the Predators probably replaced one of those teams as competitors.

Yup, the west is ours for the taking. The only teams that improved are not enough of threat for us, not yet anyways. Utah and Nashville got better but I don’t think they’re as good as our team yet.

The main contenders were always going to be Avs, Vegas, Canucks and Stars. All of them got worse.

This season has to be about having a dominant regular season and have home ice in playoffs.

Truly believe that with the atmosphere in our building, it’s a difference maker.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Since Detroit signed him do we get a break on the buyout or does Campbell get paid twice to not be good?
No- oilers don’t get a break on the buyout. He gets his buyout money and he gets paid by Detroit. Been like that since the introduction of buyouts

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That building in the playoffs is clearly changing player's perspectives. Well done Oilers fans.
Building was amazing but I would say it’s more than that. Stuff like them driving home after a win and just seeing thousands and thousands of fans spilled out onto the streets. The whole city absolutely buzzing. You don’t see that anywhere but a Canadian market. I imagine it’s quite the feeling.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yup, the west is ours for the taking. The only teams that improved are not enough of threat for us, not yet anyways. Utah and Nashville got better but I don’t think they’re as good as our team yet.

The main contenders were always going to be Avs, Vegas, Canucks and Stars. All of them got worse.

This season has to be about having a dominant regular season and have home ice in playoffs.

Truly believe that with the atmosphere in our building, it’s a difference maker.

This has to be the next hurdle to cross.

So far in every season we have had about a 4-6 week stretch of being shit that ends up costing us home ice by the second round. In a round about way, the choice to be unprepared to start the season may have cost us the cup by virtue of not having home ice in the Final. There is no way we lose both Game 1 and 2 at home, or Game 7 for that matter.

We have the best team in the NHL, so we need to actually act like it from October to April without the Oiler-esque stretches of unforeseen ineptitude. This time I think we actually have the coaching staff to make that a reality, Woodcroft had difficulty preparing the team for anything.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
This has to be the next hurdle to cross.

So far in every season we have had about a 4-6 week stretch of being shit that ends up costing us home ice by the second round. In a round about way, the choice to be unprepared to start the season may have cost us the cup by virtue of not having home ice in the Final. There is no way we lose both Game 1 and 2 at home, or Game 7 for that matter.

We have the best team in the NHL, so we need to actually act like it from October to April without the Oiler-esque stretches of unforeseen ineptitude. This time I think we actually have the coaching staff to make that a reality, Woodcroft had difficulty preparing the team for anything.

I think the poor Florida ice should motivate them to see the importance of home ice advantage. We are a team that thrives on skill and speed and seeing McDavid fall multiple times in game 7 due to the shitty ice was frustrating. It played a big factor in the series IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad