Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think its a bit unfair to say they don't mesh. I'd like to see him fully healthy on this current squad. He was very positively impactful in the first 2 rounds and start of the Dallas series. I'm ok if they move on from him if it opens up space for a quality Ceci upgrade and re-signing Henrique at 3C, especially given the Arvidsson signing. But I'm also completely fine with them running it back with him hopefully healthy. He's a difference maker when he healthy and can actually skate in more than just straight lines. The injury clearly neutered his effectiveness against a fast Dallas and aggressive Florida team because he had next to no lateral mobility.
I'm past that hope because I think we're at a point in his career where injuries are going to be a thing for him. I also think that Draisaitl benefits from having linemates that retrieve pucks and make quick, accurate passes. Kane is an atrocious puck distributor and a player who kills possessions with low quality shots.

That being said, you alluded to where my focus always is. Filling that 3C role with an effective veteran. If not Henrique, then someone with a similar impact. And yes, that top four RD upgrade that everyone and their dog has been hoping for since Larsson left. I'd also take Jeff Skinner over Kane in an instant.

Free up that cap!

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Someone had a deleted post about 20 mins ago on Reddit claiming that Janmark signed here. Must have been a hoax

Wonder what's going on with him though, figured he'd be signed here or elsewhere by now

Reactions: Ibanez

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

End of the podcast (last 2 minutes). Skinner only wants to go to Canada if its Edmonton and things have gone a little sour with Kane

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Someone had a deleted post about 20 mins ago on Reddit claiming that Janmark signed here. Must have been a hoax

Wonder what's going on with him though, figured he'd be signed here or elsewhere by now
If, for whatever reason, Janmark decides to sign elsewhere, the move has to be Zemgus Girgensons. Very similar playstyle and high character veteran.

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Look into the details of the "bad" stuff he did. And there's alot of nothing burger there. Mostly all nothing burger.

One of the more ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in sports media was that TSN reporter absolutely grilling him in a sit down interview before he signed. Tenor of it was in the vein of a politician being roasted for some misdeed, except in this case it was a hockey player that broke some COVID rules and gambled.

Questions like “Do you still gamble? Yes or no. Did you break the COVID rules? Yes or no.”

Like f*** off. It’s a hockey player for Christ sakes, not the Prime Minister.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
One of the more ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in sports media was that TSN reporter absolutely grilling him in a sit down interview before he signed. Tenor of it was in the vein of a politician being roasted for some misdeed, except in this case it was a hockey player that broke some COVID rules and gambled.

Questions like “Do you still gamble? Yes or no. Did you break the COVID rules? Yes or no.”

Like f*** off. It’s a hockey player for Christ sakes, not the Prime Minister.
Lol. And it ended up that the Covid thing he wasn't even in the wrong for. Sharks admitted to being in the wrong there. And gambling? Well gambling is an addiction, a shitty one at that, if anything there should be sympathy if he's an addicted gambler.

Reactions: Biltmore and K1984

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
One thing I'll say about our shitty 2nd pair, is that a better Line 2 probably drives those analytics up for them. Our 2nd line was no good all year either. And we all know Ek-Bouch played nearly exclusively with McD's always elite line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad