Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
We would gain $1.675 million cap space in the first year of Kane's buyout and $2.875 million in the second year. -$1.125 million each season for the 3rd and 4th season post buyout. Not an overly big savings.
Yeah. Not big savings. I wonder if it’s he has used up all his goodwill with his teammates.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Honestly I’d give Janmark 4 years at the right number.

I don’t get why this guy is always on 1 year deals. He’s been good on every team he’s played for.

Reactions: sepHF

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Friedman can FO for that stirring up. SN Propaganda

I think it was Kypreos who did, and Friedman was responding to his claim that he heard the Oilers "want to buy Kane out"

Kypreos was also calling for McDavid to win a Cup here and sign with the Leafs afterwards...in the middle of the Dallas series, IIRC

To be honest, that's just what I've heard, I'd never give the guy the airtime, personally.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Did Friedman actually say something? People are saying he said something, but I havent seen it. A lot of the Kane stuff the last couple days seems to be hearsay
Servalli said he hasn’t heard much outside of rumours that there is some friction. He can’t confirm.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
as long as janmarks AAv is buriable in the minors why wouldnt you give him 3 years? hes earned it already.
After the playoffs Janmark just laid down you can bet that he isn't looking at offers that low.......

Some team probably offered him multiple years around $2M+ and that has turned his head a touch.

My guess would be he is deciding if Cup or a bigger boat would be better in retirement......

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

WHAT? What has he done to deserve this contract?!?!?! 50 points last year? Watch him regress, and they regret that contract later. WOW!
Honestly this isn't much different than Nuge's first contract extension when you compare salary cap. They obviously believe in his potential and if they're right they'll benefit in the long run.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So with Perry and Brown back, and Janmark having 2x1.1 on the table, we basically have our game 7 lineup but with Foegele upgraded to Arvidsson and Henrique upgraded to Kane. And still some cap left to add another piece. It’s hard to not feel optimistic
Not liking all of this talk about Kane. I'd love to add Skinner and add someone else with size and grit for the bottom 6.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
So with Perry and Brown back, and Janmark having 2x1.1 on the table, we basically have our game 7 lineup but with Foegele upgraded to Arvidsson and Henrique upgraded to Kane. And still some cap left to add another piece. It’s hard to not feel optimistic

Not sure Henrique and Kane are comparable. Don’t even play the same position.

Reactions: Thomas Tatar

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Honestly this isn't much different than Nuge's first contract extension when you compare salary cap. They obviously believe in his potential and if they're right they'll benefit in the long run.
Also kind of reminds me of the Drai extension. Paying for potential.

Everyone crucified that contract for being an overpayment

Reactions: Thomas Tatar

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

WHAT? What has he done to deserve this contract?!?!?! 50 points last year? Watch him regress, and they regret that contract later. WOW!

Betting on him breaking out, and turning into a bargain. The big thing is getting the 8 year term instead of the short term Toronto contract

Honestly I’d give Janmark 4 years at the right number.

I don’t get why this guy is always on 1 year deals. He’s been good on every team he’s played for.

I’d be ok giving him 4 years at any number than can be buried. He’s a great fit here. With 2x1.1 reportedly on the table, and not signed, you’ve got to think someone’s offering him bigger money. The extra term might be enough to keep him

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Isn't Boqvist the guy we all hoped would fall to us instead of Bouchard? Was meant to be a better all-round defender with true #1 potential?

He wouldn't be the first 23 year old defender to bloom late. We should be all over him if it can be done.
He hasn't been able to stick with either CHI or CLB so there are warts there, but he's not a complete lost cause yet. A 1 or 2 year show me league min deal would be ideal.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Wonder what term means. Rishaug said they gave him a multi year offer. If they gave Brown 3 years, I am sure they will give Janmark 3 years. Maybe 3 years isn’t long enough?
Oilers might be reluctant on both the length and dollar amount. All it takes is one team with a bad penalty kill to come along and outbid the Oilers.

I don't think you can compare the Josh Brown signing to anything, it's just flat out weird that the Oilers gave him 3 years.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Janmark re-signed, Skinner signed on a cheap 1 year deal so he can cash in next summer, and a Ceci dump/upgrade and I would be ecstatic with this off-season.

If they decide to move out Kane for a different look that's fine, but I am also still a strong believer in a healthy Kane and the impact he can have. Even with his injury he was a solid contributor in the first 2 rounds of these playoffs and we missed him in the last 2 rounds where his injury was clearly too much to overcome.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

I think it's a great bet tbh. He progressed a lot last year and is very young. If he takes another step forward next season he'll already be worth that money and with room to grow. It's usually smart to bet on young high end talent on steep trajectories before they break out.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not liking all of this talk about Kane. I'd love to add Skinner and add someone else with size and grit for the bottom 6.

I’m hoping it’s just people speculating. Keeping Kane and adding Skinner gives us an absolutely insane top 9

Not sure Henrique and Kane are comparable. Don’t even play the same position.

I’m not comparing them per se. Just that 2 guys are leaving the lineup in Foegele/Henrique, and 2 guys are coming in with Kane (getting healthy)/Arvidsson

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Yeah, concerning given how he's worn out his welcome with basically every NHL team he's been with. Like his mould of player but obviously without the outsized ego and sense of entitlement. Real damn shame because when he is on he can be a significant factor.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
After the playoffs Janmark just laid down you can bet that he isn't looking at offers that low.......

Some team probably offered him multiple years around $2M+ and that has turned his head a touch.

My guess would be he is deciding if Cup or a bigger boat would be better in retirement.....

If that's the case we should just go term... he'd probably appreciate knowing he's got his next four years accounted for until retirement. "Try-hard" guys like him are one injury away.

He might not get quite the same boat as he would with 2 x $2M and then 2 x $1.XM, but 4 x $1.2 is a better deal for him given taxes and uncertainty... nobody notices those short handed goals if they come on a bottom feeder during the regular season. Take the cookies when they are passed around Matthias!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad