Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
They could sign a good vet at league minimum for that role, bring back Gagner for the good locker room harmony.

I'm usually glass half full but this is a dumb signing. Perry is cooked and the Oilers need to get younger and faster. If the contract was buriable then sure but this one doesn't seem to be.

Pretty much can be buried no? If he's in the AHL performance bonuses won't met bet and you can bury league minimum?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a team out there that was willing to give Perry 2 mil.

He's not very good, but clearly we'll respected around the league

This 100%. He definitely could have gotten more if he wanted to elsewhere. Would be great to have it as league min but this isn't much more, especially since a decent chunk is a performance bonus (assuming playoffs related)

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
People acting like Perry got 2 million. 250 k of his salary is in bonuses. Meh, it's not the worst.
Because they're tight to the cap and the valuable space could be expended elsewhere, I'm pretty sure that's the source of the sore spot for quite a few fans. His work in the playoffs was less than inspiring. I will say him beaking off at Kane and also what he said about sucking it up and keeping your mouth shut whatever the role you're given, speaks to his on ice professionalism.

He just wasn't very good in his time here thus far.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Because they're tight to the cap and the valuable space could be expended elsewhere, I'm pretty sure that's the source of the sore spot for quite a few fans. His work in the playoffs was less than inspiring. I will say him beaking off at Kane and also what he said about sucking it up and keeping your mouth shut whatever the role you're given, speaks to his on ice professionalism.

He just wasn't very good in his time here thus far.
Perry will only play about 50 games this year if that. He will be our spare

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Depends on what the bonuses are. Are they meaningful games played/performance metrics, or are they fluff metrics to allow us to push part of the hit to next year.

I'm just surprised, he didn't do a lot this year. $1.4 total seems really high.
Outside of his first 10 games, he was pretty much a net negative.
Think he could be more effective if his ice is managed. No back to backs, rest every third game...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Edmundson is a 30 year old bottom pairing Dman. That contract both term and AAV is crazy, If you're giving a player like that term, you get him at around 1.5-2m. 3.8m over 4 years is baffling.
Contract sucks. But I think he's a good player. Probably better than Ceci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad