Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
They've been rumoured on him in the past so this would make a lot of sense. I'd love to give him a chance and he could surprise. Has an excellent shot and could be a good 2nd PP guy if he can show that he can survive 3rd pairing minutes.
Kind of stunned as he's still pretty young @ 23, 24 years old and a good skater. Hasn't been able to translate thus far, so it's a good bet to make.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Hmm so the Canucks tried to create all that cap space just to overpay Debrusk? I like Debrusk but thats a guy I wanted the Oilers to offer a 1-2 year deal at 3.5-4M max. I think them missing out on Guentzel was a big deal. I will be extremely surprised if they don't fall off somewhat this year. I think they'll be a playoff team, but won't be close to winning the division.
I'm expecting a major correction for them, and I'm not sure they'll be able to handle the fallout from it.

This season could get ugly for them tbh.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Rodrigues' the #3 if someone gets hurt, not this Delia bum. Team needs to see what they have in him soon anyway.
I think Rodrigue might get a cup of coffee later in season to see what he has. Huge jump from AHL shooters to NHL ones where everyone's shot is hard and accurate. Said in a different reply that Wolf's uneven NHL performance after years of stellar AHL numbers is a good reference point.

I'm hopeful for Rodrigue. Though as a slight, smaller tender I see some comps to a past Oiler goaltender prospect Olivier Roy (who was ultimately exposed with high, quality NHL shooters). He needs a big AHL workload and top minutes against league's quality competition.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dumba to Stars is interesting.

Thought I was the only one who LIKED what I saw out of Dumba as a Yote. Guess not, as Tampa and now the Stars are going to take a flyer on his talent.

There's alot of chaos in his game and that leads to mistakes. But there's a ton of ability here still. If someone can reign in his excesses and get him to play a more smarter, more conservative game. He can be good. Wouldn't have minded him as the Ceci replacement. A bit of a gamble though for a Cup Squad that needs to minimize mistakes.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
A little more than I'd like to spend on Perry but I do like having him back. I think he could have a bit more to give still (difficult to say as he's one of the oldest players left in the NHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad